[Buying Help] Electric Guitar to play Rock/Metal/Blues

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by theboywholived, Jan 8, 2010.

1. theboywholived

theboywholived New Member

Hi friends i have been playing acoustic guitar for 1 yr and now i want to move toelectric guitar. I like all kind of songs - metal, rock, gothic rock, blues etc. So which guitar i should buy ? My budget is 20K for guitar and Amp.

For Amp i like Roland Guitar Amplifier - Cube-15X
    xttp://rajmusicals.in/product_info.php?products_id=152

My favourites

1. Cort X Series X5 Electric Guitar
    xxx.bajaao.com/cort-series-electric-guitar-p-5605.html

2. BC Rich Electric guitar ASM1 PBK
    rajmusicals.in/product_info.php?products_id=396

3. Cort Electric Guitar EVL K-2
    xxx.bajaao.com/cort-evlk2-series-electric-guitar-with-floyd-rose-tremolo-p-5269.html

4. ESP LTD EC-50 Electric Guitar
    xxx.bajaao.com/ec50-electric-guitar-black-p-4360.html

5. Java EG-70 Fat Strat Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo
    xxx.bajaao.com/java-eg70-strat-electric-guitar-with-floyd-rose-tremolo-p-5633.html

Is there lot of difference between sound quality in low price n high price guitar ? Like is Cort X5 lot better than Cort X2 ? Is it possible to get decent guitar + amp under 13-14K ? I have no intention fo playing in bands but just for my own pleasure.
    Please help! Thanx!

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

first let me tell you that if u're a beginner then there's no point in investing a lot of money in expensive guitar..go for a cheaper and good guitar.. in ur case it can be Yamaha pacifica or a greg bennett or an Ibanez..
    the difference between a beginner guitar and a really nice guitar is the quality..like the materials and the parts will all be somewhat cheap in a beginner guitar and the quality of the labor put into it..

3. theboywholived

Has anyone tried GB&A electric guitars ?

xttp://Yww.bhargavasmusik.com/gba-list.php?id=11&pid=59

Is it good for a beginner.

4. theboywholived

Ok i went to shop n played Fender, Aria and GB&a guitar. Actually i like GB&A most but my friends say i should not buy it. Why not ? If both sound same then why not GB&A ?

5. distorted

distorted satan

GBA is good, better than other guitars in the same budget.

6. theboywholived

Has anyone tried IbanezGRX40, Yamaha Pacifica 012 and Yamaha ERG121U ? Which one is the best in your opinion ?

7. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Decide on whether you want a guitar with a Floyd Rose or Tune-O-Matic type bridge.
    ESP guitars are good for metal. You can also check Shecter.
    Floyd Rose guitars have been reported to cause problems with alternate tuning.
    Don't go for GBA or Yamaha.
    Check youtube for demo of the guitars.

8. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

In my opinion the Pacifica 012 is a decent guitar, the Pacifica 112J and XJ as well. also try Squier California in that budget. I found its tone is pretty decent and it's quite cheap, give it a try before you buy your final guitar.

And IMHO the cheaper ESPs are not that great, listened to a lot of them and was not impressed.