buying an electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sickdude, Jun 9, 2004.

1. sickdude

sickdude New Member

hi,
    i have been playing the acoustic guitar for 1 and a half years now. I think it's time for me to "upgrade" to a an electric guitar. I know how to play open and barre chords, scales and modes and the works.

I want to buy an electric guitar with a distortion unit and an amp. I have a budget of about 30-40K.

What kind of setup would u guys recommend?

I intend to play rock, metal and some blues.

Thanks in advance.

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Ok ok.. What we have here is a good question.. see since you are into metal ,rock and stuff.. Go for an Ibanez Rg270Dx- Price - 15-550(Ex-bangalore) And a GT6Price - 16-000(Ex-Bangalore)and A Stranger 80 Cube Price 7500(Ex-Bangalore) Gives You a grand total 39,050 Rs.. Which is exactly your budget. He he :)

By God I Swear that this is the best setup.. Check out your music stores for these stuff..
    Where are you from??

3. sickdude

sickdude New Member

thanks for your advice Jayanth. Im from pune so probably i can get all my stuff from Furtados?

Personally i really dont like Ibanez guitars because they look crappy. I know that sounds stupid but that's the way it is. I was wondering about getting a mexican strat instead (gonna cost be bout 25k) then i can go in for a cheap processor and an ok practice amp?

I really think that buying a good guitar is important, u can get rest of the stuff later.

4. jayanth

Try Jackson Dude., I play one.. I just love the Instrument...

5. sickdude

sickdude New Member

Yeah i would love to get a flying V. :) BTW Jayanth, where did u get ur KE3 from? can i get a rhoades or king V from there. And how much would it cost?

Thanks a lot.

6. jayanth

I got it from New Jersey thru a friend..

7. jayanth

You can try Pro Music in Chennai.

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Try and get a B.C.Rich Warlock. I have that guitar and it's a damned beautiful instrument. Too bad the amp I use with it is a pathetic 10-watt Marshall amp alongwith a Peavey foot-pedal. I usually like playing down-tuned guitars and this one plays like a dream.

9. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Dude... you have a mobile? I'm also from Pune and am looking for an equally experienced guitarist... I have an crappy electric setup which can give a try. :) My mob 9890009039.

10. jayanth

Warlock is Amazing.. But for its Action.. YOu dont have much options of setup.. I can playaround with the action of my jackson.. The only reason i didnt buy the Warlock..

11. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

if you are playing Rock and Blues then get a Fender

however if you want to play Metal as well then you can try a Gibson

I don't want to comment on BC Rich's, Ibanez, Jackson or any other make that has been specified as I have not really used them to a great extend.

However having said that the Ibanez might suit your wants as it is a guitar better based for metal.

12. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Jackson as far as my guitar goes is Amazing .. I tried nearly 20 guitars befoer i choose this.. I took nearly a month and a half for testing getting the right sound and stuff..

13. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Esp All The Way!

14. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Furtados Other Music Stores In Mumbai ...

Hey Sick Dude ,

Mexican Strat is a nice choice the guitar is great I have just got one about 1 month ago ...It costed me 24.5 K :beer: :beer: Well I bought form a Bhargava Musik Oppsite to Furtados But incase u want I can send you no. of this guy called Ashish may be can get u deal on the Guitar other wise Bhargava is offical dealer ...No Amp In case u want Marshal I guess you will get 50 watts for around 10 K you spend 5 or 6 k on Processor choice u will RP 80 , 100 , 200 Zooms .. Krog AX -1 or AX 100 .. Incase you want any infor send me a mail with ur no.s I can Help u ..

Ninad

15. saurav86

saurav86 New Member

u can even try out cort guitars... actually m plannin to buy one too... n hav set my mind on cort evl k4.... was checkin out the reviews on the net... harmony central's given it 8..... n it sounds pretty good too.. check out on youtube....

16. shetu_ecdw

shetu_ecdw New Member

4 years later u care enuf to reply..:lol:

17. rubbal

rubbal New Member

mofongos urochordate