Buying a V Shaped Jackson Tulsi Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rcmaiden, Oct 18, 2005.

1. cdeff

cdeff New Member

Hi...everybody... i want to order guitar From Tulsi or Harmony(who made Tansen) but dunno
    which one is good?What kind of wood and Hardware Tulsi can use? I want my guitar look like world class guitar and long lasting...because i m not rich man...anyone who can give me suggession

2. cdeff

cdeff New Member

Suggest me for my custom guitar!!!!

Hi everybody.....
    I am a new member..I want a custom made electric guitar which is to be just like world class guitar and long lasting,
    I ask both Tulsi and Harmony(who made Tansen)..But i dunno which one is good....my specifications is as follows:

Body:Alder (what kind of wood they can use?)
    neck:Bolt-on-maple with rosewood fingerboard
    pick up:H+S+H
    contols:5 way switch
    Frets:25.5"/22 frets(jumbo fret)

I want the shape as john petrucci's model of dream theater

3. agentorange

agentorange New Member

Hey fellas!!I've just joined IGT and trust me im having a very good time reading through the posts!!Now that i've joined the discussion late i have a few queries!!

1.Who exactly is that tulsi guy you guys are talking about??Does he build custom guitars??

2.Assuming he manufactures custom guitars,does he build V's??I can strech my budget till 20k!!

Recently i saw a cort V(VX2V) with EMG's and licensed floyd for 19000!!Pretty cheap and good value for money i'd say!!
    BUT BUT i hate floyds!!they are a F-in pain in the a**!!The Ibanez GRG220DEX that i own is giving me some serious problems!!so a big NO to floyds!!

Now please help me with my quest for buying a good V without Floyd!!And will someone be kind enough to tell me more about this tulsi dude??

4. wylder

wylder Member

Floyd roses are kinda fun if u have a good one.. I have a Ibanez Original Edge bridge. Its an excellent bridge and has no problems staying in tune. However setting it up and changing tunings on it is quite a pain though you need to tune it up only once in a while.

But then you do miss all the things you cant do with a floyd rose.. Double stops (bending 2 strings together makes them sound off pitch) and ability to change tunings quickly. Any change in string gauge on the guitar requires changing the bridge spring tensions. And worst of all.. If you snap a string in between a gig, you'll need a back up guitar cos as you must know, all the remaining strings go flat.

5. agentorange

agentorange New Member

^^^

hey suggest me a good V!
    Can i go ahead and purchase cort or will you recommend me anything else??I am a little worried about the reliability of cort!!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

He builds all types of guitars.
    You need to give him the shape and dimensions.
    Usually a pic or two suffice, however, in case its a new shape to him, he would also require dimensions.

I have got an RR3 Jackson copy.

7. agentorange

agentorange New Member

^^^

Dude can you be kind enough and show me some pics of your RR3 copy??That would be really helpful!!And BTW what pickups do you have on your guitar??

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

9. agentorange

agentorange New Member

Perfect!!Loved that RR3 copy!!I wasn't expecting it to be this good!!
    Anywayz how are the reliability of those guitars and how much does that RR3 copy cost??

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

11. detritus

detritus New Member

bump.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

but For what?

13. detritus

detritus New Member

Too much Somit B.