buying a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sricharan, Mar 3, 2011.

1. sricharan

sricharan New Member

Hello Frnds,

This is charan, just now i started to learn guitar. i want to buy a guitar, and i am finding so many types of guitars, can anyone tell me the difference and which one is suitable for a beginner. And the best brand name also.

2. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

take a guitarist friend to a store and play all the models they have- thats the best way to go about it.

3. WedpypePlaypE

WedpypePlaypE New Member

So I have been thinking about buying a guitar for my dad for his birthday. I would get him a uke but he has said he has thought about buying a guitar to learn on. So I know very little about guitars and was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I am thinking acoustic, probably a solid top, would like it to be around 100 but would consider going up to 200 for it.

Any advice on brands or specific guitars would be greatly appreciated.

4. Maxnumar

Maxnumar New Member

Thats what I meant. The G-Series electronics are pretty solid right off. Taks quality control is pretty decent too, so its not a super worry buying a guitar like this online. Might want to play a few in person first to see what best fits you, of course.

5. paurav66

paurav66 New Member

if you want to buy a acoustic guitar you can buy from brands like fender, gibson or granada... these are foreign brands. Indian brands i would suggest mostly GB&A and then giVson.

if you directly want to start learning electric guitar go for ibanez, fender, cort, jackson or yamaha. there are various prices...

its better you start off with acoustic.
    go to this site for guitar prices... bajaao (dot) com ...its really helpful :)

6. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com