Buying a 400$ electric guitar !!Help !!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gunnerwholelife, Feb 8, 2012.

1. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Nearby shop. Go check one out at a shop and I bet itll be around the 8k mark. It's 5k in the US. Now that's what I call a steal. :p :)

2. gunnerwholelife

gunnerwholelife New Member

You cant evade an amp through customs I guess . I would have tried :p

3. gunnerwholelife

gunnerwholelife New Member

Guys , I called up Swee Lee for s570.A discount period is going on and its selling for 24k. I cant be there till March 5 :/ What should I do? Will the stocks last ?

24k is a steal right?
    Highly likely the guitars arent of top quality :S

4. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

ayu bought it for 32k so 25 k is more than a steal. If you're getting that much extra money, I suggest you buy a vypyr 30.

5. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

What is the logic behind that? I went by your logic, you will bring the guitar saying that it is your personal belonging and you did not buy it from singapore. So if you have an electric guitar you ought to have an amp to play it too, this is just my reasoning i dont know haow the customs people view this. I dont know much about customs law. But i heard something like items below 25k are exempt from duty or something like that. But even if you consider the 5k price and pay the 35% or so duty on it even then it will cost only 7k or something still lower than the indian price.

And about the discount, dude just buy the guitar!! it is a steal at 24k. Ask them if they can book a guitar for you and if you trust the shop you can book it at the discounted rate by paying some advance or something. And then with the remaining cash you can get a vypyr 30 which is like 10k US price, add the duty and it will cost 13500 approximately still lower than the indian price.

6. siddude

siddude New Member

guyys i also need a electric in the same budget