Buying a 400$ electric guitar !!Help !!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gunnerwholelife, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gunnerwholelife

gunnerwholelife New Member

I am getting the guitar in soft case
    Going to get it on flight as a personal belonging.
    If they dont let me I gonna buy a ticket for it .:S

[btw my uncle gonna get it for me .He has no knowledge in guitars.He will ask the local music folks to play it.]

The place from where I am getting it is damn famous so no chance of they giving me broke. "touch wood :S"

2. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually guitar play a very less role in the overall sound / tone. (Even on clean tone its your amp and speaker that produce the sound)

Unless you keep everything same, and then try to listen for changes in tone happening because of change in guitar ... it doesn't make any sense.

The problem with youtube is that videos uploaded on youtube are not taken by professional micing setup, but usually from mobile cams.
    We all know the audio visual quality of mobile cams.

4. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

there are less people

5. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

And i always thought that the pickups affected the tone most :/

6. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I know he has great reviews but the thing is youtube compresses all the uploaded videos and hence some data is lost in compression. Also the guitars will sound as good as your "multimedia speakers" can reproduce it.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yes of course - pickup is also an important component.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Well i have bought most of my stuff without trying it even once... and i've never been disappointed.. It was mainly because the stuff i wanted to buy was not readily available in the shops here for me to try it out and what they had never appealed to me... So i had to take a chance and it was worth it..

9. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

At higher budgets there is consistency in quality as more care is taken in the production and QC stage, but for the lower budget stuff QC is non existent and it is a hit and miss a lot of times. I had once tried an epiphone LP 100 and its neck pickup wasnt working. I think the switch or the wiring was faulty which is but a minor one to fix, but for a beginner it can be bad.

10. amithkallupalam

Well, gunner whole life, the only amp I can advise you to buy in that price range is the peavey vypyr. Everything else sucks because the vypyr is too good.

11. guitarplayer729

then i guess they all do not suck if a person prefers single effects

12. amithkallupalam

Lets face it. Amp distortion is way better than pedal distortion.
    Very few people in this forum support the peavey vypyr. It must be because most of you havent played one. I urge you guys to go and try one out. Its one of the best budget amps out there, if not the best. The vypyr 15 is the cheapest one and I absolutely LOVE it. It has been one of the best decisions of my life! I have a Boss DS-1 and I use it with a local solid state amp (Not a stranger amp) which takes pedal really well and yes, it does sound good. But my vypyr sounds way better. Ive played a 7k marshall solid state, mg15cdr, and trust me, my vypyr is way better. I've played a laney lx12 and my vypyr's better. Trust me, the VYPYR IS BETTER.

13. gunnerwholelife

Ty a lot !!
    I will order it from BAJAO.com

14. guitarplayer729

must say that is your opinion
    but let me tell u that my amp takes pedals awesomely
    if u know how to control dist. then u might not hear the hum
    but i still need a noise suppressor

15. guitarplayer729

vypyr is better if ur short on budget

16. gunnerwholelife

But Vypyr is the costliest 15w amp
    its was 10k @ bajao

laney @ 5k
    roland @7k
    vox @7k

:/

17. amithkallupalam

From my experience, Amp distortion is much more clearer.A nice metal distortion pedal will cost around 8k. For example, the hardwire tl-2. A couple of effects, say a chorus, compressor, wah, delay, reverb will cost around 25-30k. Finally a good, loud enough amp that takes pedals well will cost atleast 10k. Now thats a total of almost 50k. If you get a POD HD300, with a lot more features and pretty good amp models for 20k and then a PA amp (with speakers if you dont have good speakers at home) will cost a maximum of 35k. Or you could just get a vypyr tube 60 which is perfect and itll only cost you 22k!!

18. guitarplayer729

u wont need many effects with the vypyr
    as described by my friend amithkallupalam

19. amithkallupalam

Buy it from a shop nearby. I bought mine for 7.5k. Dont buy it from bajaao. Gunnerwholelife, you should understand that, the other amps you mentioned aren't half as good as the vypyr. Man just go play em. Come on dude, if you want proof, just post it on another forum like ultimate guitar or just google it. You'll see thats almost everyone suggests a vypyr amp. And don't think the vypyr is bad because its a 15w amp. Its really loud. Its louder than the drums. I jammed with my vypyr at 5 and its max volume is 12. The distortion is amazing too. Man trust me, buy the vypyr. IF you get any other amp in that price range, you'll have to upgrade sooner or later. Trust me, close your eyes and get the vypyr. If you get any other amp, you'll regret it.

20. gunnerwholelife

where did you get yours from ?

7.5k is a steal !!