Buying 1st electric guitar....need help..!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kenny92, Feb 15, 2011.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Dude a 12 stringer is used rarely so the availability of its pickup will be rare. Forget 12 string people find it difficult to find a pickup for 7-stringer. But 6-stringers being abundant, you'll find it easily. And pickups are no big deal to find out.
    A guitar mainly consists of:
    Strings
    Pickups
    Tremolo
    Tuners (Tuning pegs)
    All these things are independent of the brand of guitar you purchase. Some ESPs comes with EMG pickups. My VMNT has got Duncan Livewires even the agiles comes with EMG 707 (7 Stringer)
    I hope you understand wat i'm trying to say.

And your is idea of getting a mex strat is very good. Go for it.

2. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Thanks.
    One last question. What are locking tuners? I wanted to buy the Grover locking tuners from Bajaao to put them on the strat cause im gonna be using the tremelo a lot.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i don't think you should change the stock tuners.. at least initially.. if you find any problem with the stability then later you can do watever..
    Enough said for now... time for you to go to a shop and try some guitars..All the best !

4. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Thanks! I'll upload the video and post the link.
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Wish me luck with my electric guitar journey.

5. flood

flood New Member

EH.

WTF are you people going on about?! 12-string pickups are not different from 6 string pickups! and i'm betting those on the epiphone double neck are the exact same set, only difference being that one set has the pickup covers, probably the same pickups they use in their epi les paul models!!! in fact, ANY low-medium output PAF-style pickup with the gibson string spacing would work there.

the octave string spacing makes an additional pole piece completely unnecessary!

if he replaced it with a cheapshit humbucker, well, he's goiung to get cheapshit performance!

6. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Please explain. Still new to electrics..!!

7. flood

flood New Member

the octave strings lie well within the magnetic field of the polepieces of a 6-string pickup.

to understand this better, you will need to read up ion electromagnetics and electromagnetic induction. definitely not going to explain the physics of pickups here...

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

oops ! I shud have used my brain slightly.. You're right flood !

9. sara2868

sara2868 New Member

hii ..some pls tell me how to creat a post ... im new i cant able to find any options pls help me out

10. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Hehe...that's 12th class physics all over again...!!!

11. sri.narayanan

sri.narayanan New Member

got an esp m50 and mustang 1 ,looks good ,any owners can comment :)

12. paurav66

paurav66 New Member

i'd advice you to for a cheaper guitar wen yu buying yur first.... even if you have cash why waste it... buy a guitar for 15-20k at max and practice... even i've been playing for a lil more than a year and i know good one can get... so its better if yu buy a cheaper one and experiment on it... later once yu master like in 2 yrs or so... buy a real gud one :)
    yu can get a good amp now only though ;)

13. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Well yeah, that thought did cross my mind. But, both you and i know that its hard to say no to a strat when you know that you can afford it. And, i want my first guitar to be just perfect. And anyways its gonna be my long term guitar, and, in my opinion, there ain't nothing as reliable and sweet sounding as a Strat.
    So far as my playing goes, i play mostly the rhythm section of songs. I find that working out rhythms by ear is easier than leads and solos. Its only been about a month since i started transcribing so please don't judge.

14. flood

flood New Member

if you can afford it, go for it, beginner or not. i wish you'd kept a sizable budget for a better amp though. i would always give an amp more priority than a guitar. i'm an all-tube hack though, so that's just my 2 cents.

15. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Yah, same opinion about tube-amps. But im gonna use the Fender Mustang for some time till i get used to the guitar and eventually good at playing it and then ill go for a good tube amp like the vox ac15 or an amp stack. But till then i gotta practice real hard.

16. varunmm4

varunmm4 New Member

You're allowed to bring in anything worth less than 25k from abroad and you wont be charged any duty on it. But somebody needs to BRING it with them on a flight. Cant have it shipped.

Btw, pick between frusciante and page, apples and oranges, single coils and humbuggies, strat and les paul. Or get a fat strat maybe? MIM fat strat? Look into it...