Bringing a guitar - Question -

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Mar 10, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Hi,
    I might be going to s'pore. And i will be bringing back a guitar for myself. How do i do this. Do i give it in to cargo? Cus if thats so i wont......Or can i carry it as hand luggage?

any tips will be appreciated,
    Shreyas

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Hand luggage in a soft case. No price tags. You can just walk through. That's how my friend brought mine in.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

after all these airport incidents will they allow me to carry a guitar in the cabin? and do i have to make it look old or something.. ?

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

dont think so^^^ and what if they ask u where u bought that?? at 100th should he reply in singapore?
    coz am planning to bring one electric guitar home next summer..

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I've taken my guitar this november in a soft case as hand luggage from Calcutta to Delhi and no one said anything.

About the question as to where you bought it, I think they allow you to carry home one personal item without having to pay duty on it so it should be okay even if you do say you bought it there. However, I don't think you really need to tell them that since there isn't a way for them to tell if it's new or not (unless they go CIA on your arse and check up serial numbers and dates etc.)

6. thehundredthone

If they ask just say it's yours. And that you've been carrying it around because you play it everywhere.

Just don't say that it's new. So open the packing, especially the cardboard, plastic etc. I doubt they will ask. I got mine in December, no questions asked.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i will be bringing a pretty expensive guitar...much higher than the max rate...so if they find out i dont want to go to juvee

8. thehundredthone

How expensive?

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

25-28,000 ....the limit is 15,000 right?

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

what guitar r u going to buy?? :think: ^^^

what happened to the blackmamba deal?

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Edward guitars are decent guitars ... I keep hearing of them on the Duncan forum.. And since they are coming stock with Duncans and EMGS you can be sure they are good.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yeah....and most of them are neck thrus which are really awesome imo....apart frm the fact that if the necks warp...ur pwned :p

14. thehundredthone

25k is the limit if you're an Indian resident returning from the US and some other countries.

15. yazi

yazi Banned

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

the tables have turned :) . And if i wasnt picking up a guitar id bring back a guitar for IGT guys....next time folks...this time is mine! Cant wait to get the guitar

17. yazi

yazi Banned

You wait (*shakes with anger*), just wait boy, I shall have my revenge, your blood will be on my hands (*then realizes he is a veggie*).

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lol.....chill your going to aight?

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I might be coming this summer(MIGHT!), anyone have requests?

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, bring me an angela john please.