Bought a new American Std Strat

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nitinzep, Mar 30, 2006.

1. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

Hi ppl,

I have just brought in a Butterscotch Blonde US strat with a Rosewood fretboard. Its feel is just to se6y to describe in words. The sustain, volume and balance when played unplugged is unbelievable. I must have tried some 50-60 strats before buying this one. Will be posting some pics tomorrow. I had been lusting after this since almost 9 years man!! I finally have it in my arms..mmmmmmmmm

The best part is that the guitar costed 650 pounds including VAT and I got 110 pounds reimbursed becoz I was leaving UK so effectively I got it for 540 which is Rs 40,500 including a fender hard case. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Will be playing "Red House" all night long

2. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

here's one pic I found in my camera....will be posting some more

Attached Files:

3. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

woah..tht guitar looks nice man...but al fender guitars ...pictures dont at all do justice to show the absolute fit and finsih of the guitar

but how come the volume knob is so close to the E string ??????
    wont it be difficult to pick since u wil be scared u wil wack the volume knob especially on a 40g guitar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I anchor my pinky ..so i il have a problem playin it definetely ...do u have any probs with tht volume knob ???????????....have u wacked it by mistakely while pickin the e string ??

but stil..thts a beauty man !! enjoy ..and post recordin on "red house " played on tht baby Soon

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Beautiful guitar man. Love the Colour. Itreminds me of the kind of guitar people used get Floyds on and start sherdding (Eddie Van Halen, Jason Becker). I cant even imagine how good the fretboard must feel.
    Congrats man:rock: :beer:

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

*drool**pant*
    Congrats!!:beer:

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Congrats man....that is a gorgeous guitar

post more pics

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I think volume knob close to strings might allow him to vary the volume more easily.
    Yngwie Malmsteen has old Fender, and he uses the volume knob while picking marvellously.
    You can do that thing only if you can rotate the volume knob using your pinky, while picking notes.

8. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

the guitar looks great...the colour is awesome..one of my fav in fenders especially with a black pickgaurd, never really liked white pickgaurds in fenders....congrats