Bought a Fender Strat, what should i play on it?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Navz, Aug 20, 2006.

1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

BELIEVE THE PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU TO BUY AN ACOUSTIC!!!!!

no offence.
    peace.

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

oh my!
    all u know to play on a guitar is ddlj tune and u bought an expensive electric guitar......prabhu aapke charan kahaan hai?

edit:sorry to sound mean..but uh wotever..i just had to be so

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

dooo ooooo ooooooo oooooodddddd ......... wonder whts anyones problem about what he buys ...... I bought a car before i knew how to drive it .... I took my friend to pick it up ..... and thought i'll be a clown to do so ..... But within 2 days i was in the traffic .......

Driving and playing guitar mite not b same ..... But wht he does wit his money is nobodys concern ..... Thts not the way to boo a guy who has just joined this place .......

Its better to give some descent suggestion like Johny Bravo ...... or to .... wotever .......

Anyway Bravo my make a lot of sense ..... But if u are willing to spend time on electric ..... training ur ears wont be all tht difficult ...

And someone spoke about shredding ....... whatever makes ppl belive good guitaring is all about shredding !!!

If the thought of holding a thing like fender strat motivates you .... more than holding an accoustic ... and if u can afford it ... Go ahead learn with it ... Coz ... that motivation means more than anything ....

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^ yeah rite

tired of giving "decent" suggestions so i thot i deserve to take a break.
    great analogy!

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

ha ha ...... did u read the NEXT LINE MAM !!!!!!!

U know wht ... ronnieanand said .. whn i told him i am picking it .. but dont know to drive ..... He said dont worry its not as difficult as playing guitar .....

AND READ THE NEXT LINE .... i said it mite not b the same ....... and i do know its much much more difficult ..... and my post meant the same ......

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^
    oh ok ok :grin:

7. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Training ure ear on an electric aint the prob.
    Train ure damn ear with a piano. The simplest and the quickest. Any kid can play a piano.

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

hey arnOLD .. Are you stoned or do you say such things normally?

Latter makes sense ..

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Piano is easier to play bcoz u have the Sa Re Ga Ma s serially and you what u need to do is just press a key to play that. But "ANY KID CAN PLAY THAT" is really not justified..

10. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

i mean just playing the notes u desire. Who asked any1 to play a song on it. Just use ONLY ure index finger to press the notes u want and if u want ..it aint hard to go C Major Scale in sequence.

I have never played the piano in life..just pressed the notes i wanted to listen to.

11. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

lol ..u caught me crazed for a sec
    whats the make ?

12. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

you got a fender strat ..congrats .tht guitar is a fantasy for many of us here

so wat should u play ?....hmmm..anythin you like man..if u wanna play hindi tunes ,well go ahead and play it using tabs.

the only thing i would recommend you to do is ..learn some basic theory . the basic notes , scales, some easy chords and some good exercises to pump up your fingers and learning how to read guitar tablature ..afta u have learnt basic theory ,move on to any song u like and just keep playin it on the guitar till u can get it right...it could be a hindi tune , or a heavy riff or wateva

the important thing is ..to enjoy playin wateva you like on your guitar.. after that ,if u want ..u can learn more songs ..or u can dwell into more advanced theory and techniques..just get your foundation stong with the basics ..the rest(playin songs ) will come automatically ..(but perseverence does count)

regarding the acoustic,its just another guitar like the one you have , only thing its a lot harder to play the notes clearly.....is not easy to play an acoustic afta being used to a fender strat ,but u can get used to it in like 3 months ..just remember .if u have a strong foundation in theory and the will to play your guitar , u can play any guitar in the world ...all it takes is perseverence and hardwork