Beyond the music: Things to help you progress

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by vipin_slash, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nishantsomani

nishantsomani Guitarist

@abhijitnath. I just wish to end this note here (for a moment i felt a cold war going... lol... :)). Anyways, its all about opinions everywhere... There is something what you feel and there are some other things that i feel... But something interesting is there which i'd like you to elaborate. I still dont understand what attack you talking about. To me, friction is the sole limiting factor and the burden to carry the hanging fingers.. (as you said "open fisted"). If you've mentioned something called attacking then please do explain it... for all. Atleast let everyone know what attacting is exactly? I'm also interested. And tapping without a pick was being mentioned at large. I said impossible for some other thing.
    Cheers abhi...!

2. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Peace. i didn't mean to be rude at all..apologies if that was the impression you got. Your post was very civil and I tried to reply that way too, stating an opinion and not a fact written in stone at all.
    By 'attack' I mean the sound of the pick hitting the string before you hear the first musical note. If you keep playing faster and faster, at some point the sound of the next note that you pick will come before the previous musical note has even had time to bloom, so all you'll hear is 'chuck-chuck-chuck' alternate picking sounds, like the very clear sounds of the pick you can here in the tremolo-picking sound you can hear in Eruption or the lead break in Far Beyond the Sun, but much louder and as the dominant sound, not the musical note itself.
    Anyways to each his own-and I do respect your opinions in the post btw.

3. floydjunky

floydjunky New Member

Hello guys,

My question maybe unrelated to the topic here, but I didn't want to start a new thread so i'll post it here.

I usually use a Fender Blues Deluxe amp and a standard strat guitar, and I have been having some minor problems with the sound, specifically the "Common cold" sound on clean. It seems to be even worse when I try to record through my make shift recording gear (ie computer). Do you guys have any tips on how to allieviate this problem on a generic basis? I know this is a question which would be very specific to each type of amplifier and guitar setup, but perhaps one of you may hit the jackpot for me, who knows! OHh I also use a Keeley compressor pedal, which perhaps may add to this problem, but I love the "sustain" that it provides for indian music. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

4. magicalaks

magicalaks New Member

thanks for these tips~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.