Best Way to Make IGT better Part 2

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by waleed (London), Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Banned members have their subscription to the site ended. What more do you want it to say? A biography on the banned member perhaps?

Have a nice day! :)

P.S FYI: IndianGuitarTabs.com may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on this web site. Your use of this web site constitutes your binding acceptance of these Terms, including any modifications that we make.

To Notty: No you will not be banned for the comment. But henceforth if you wish to share any comment, advise or any other information with me please use the PM feature. Thank you.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i'll say that again in plain english ... and will read between the lines for you as well ..

don't you remotely feel that you have just admitted to the fact that the 'rules' which have been put for the good of IGT are actually very likely to 'diminish' or damage the IGT instead? .. meaning .. the 'rules' are having a negative effect on the website ...

now, the 'no bullshit' rule is perfectly fine .. if i was you i would have the same rule .. same go for the rest .. but if the rules are good then how come you feel you'll have to 'sacrifice' the good of IGT for the sake of sticking to them? .... where does the fault lie?

one word ... implementation ..

as for intellectual property and fancy lawyer language .. i believe the intellectual property lies with the owner .. and e.g jay is the owner .. although he has given you the license to use 'his' property (and that is clearly stated in your fancy lawyer stuff) but if he asks you to remove then you should oblige .. i know it says license can't be revoked .... ethics say 'please do so' ...

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

No.

And the ethic say when you agreed to a term you stick with it.

and also

We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms or that is otherwise objectionable.

4. yazi

yazi Banned

:NoNo: I sir disagree with that. When the Owner of a property asks you to remove that, you have to comply. Only, if there was term in the 'T&C' like, ' Any article or intellectual product submitted on IGT will be automatically IGT's property', You can in no way undermine his rights.

Thats besides the point. I agree that there should be a spot for video tutorials and for pros. :beer:

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Right to use the property in any way is transfered to us its the end of the matter, you cant ask it back.

It doesnt matter if you agree or not. Consult your patent and copyright attorney if you have any doubts and if he says anything otherwise you can fax or email us the arguments we will have our lawyer take a look at it.

Also i suggest you read before you comment.

For my ending argument i suggest anybody who has a problem with the rules stated please stop using this website at once. This topic will no longer be entertained.

As the rules say...

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I see almost nothing constructive has been added to this thread, which was what I was expecting. I knew this thread was only created to find a way to flame the management in disguise of giving valuable feedback. I mean Come On it was So obvious, this not our first time we are managing a forum. But I let it continue instead straight away banning the thread creator as he again started the same thread which had been just closed down. I did so because I wanted to analyze the atmosphere of this forum and I think the experiment was very useful. So thank you for that!

Also I would like to add my suggestion on how to make this site better. I have been evaluating this site for quite sometime now. I have reached to the conclusion that it is best to remove 20 or so people from this site who have clearly overstayed their welcome.

These people have nothing positive to add, they will only continue to make coarse /insulting statements, use inflammatory, extreme, divisive, incoherent, or otherwise inappropriate messages.

Who will always engage in anti-social, disruptive, or trolling behavior and or post broad-brush, bigoted statements.

These kinds of people exist on all forums they are usually old and established members who are well versed on the topic of the forum who take great pleasure in creating all sorts of trouble. Being active and well versed on the topic and sometimes even considered authoritative figures easily manage rope in new members who know very little of what's going on but want to participate to be accepted into the community. It even goes as far as the negative force gets branded as the "cool thing" to do. So instead of being helpful and courteous they bash and flame everyone and take great pride of doing so. They are never satisfied with whatever you do and will rake up just about any issue to show the perspective forum authority down. They will always think they can do much better than what is done. But in reality they are usually good for nothing.

We have seen this kind of behavior in all the online properties we manage. This is nothing new to us.

I see these kinds of people are quite active on IGT.

Of course I could never dream of them agreeing with my analysis, why would they? But the above are my expert opinion.

My first suggestion is to clean IGT of this. So dont be surpise if in the future your account is no longer active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.