Best Rock Band in India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by death_calls, Apr 7, 2006.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Zero songs are ok to distribute freely. Ask anyone to upload them/or try any friend of urs.

What is maryjane? U sure u diodnt mean mother jane?
    anyway if u meant motherjane then there is a link motherjaneindia.com
    dont know if they have MP3 available

Devoid link is on guitarmanna in the indian bands forum.

@rasika...dude I think the silkroute fellow sang a song for some movie....RDB i think (dont actually remember)
    is it the same song? the guy recently sang live on some FM station here in Mumbai, he is quite good.

sixstringsin likes this.
  2. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

:nw: & yes i meant mother jane .,
    U R the man :beer:..reps!

3. rasika

rasika New Member

NO, he didnt sing 4 RDB. come on man. its silkroute !!! he sang dooba dooba rahta hoon & koi ho khwabomen from 'dhun'!!!

4. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

5. vishalj

vishalj Banned

2 on guitar
    1 on bass
    1 to puke all over the mic
    1 on drums
    and the other 4 to screw the groupies

6. ark66613

ark66613 New Member

best band in india

Sceptre kicks ass guys

7. rasika

rasika New Member

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

where can i get any material from old monks?

9. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

a stupid answer to a dumb question....

The Internet ? :confused:

10. fat_kax

hey -
    [size=+2]:protest: ORANGE STREET :protest:[/size]

11. fat_kax

i dunno why ppl even include it in !!!ROCK!!! - dudes - electronica wid dhols is not !!!ROCK!!!---
    :phbbt:

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

retarded response to another retarded response

Oh really???

I thought it was inside spacetime.
    :confused:

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^ Hahaha

Accha, here's my updates:

Moksha - Very good band. I've got this live cover of Maiden's "Can I Play with Madness" by them, and they sound very, very mature. I dunno how they're doing now tho...

Medusa - I liked their EP.. some songs of iare indeed good. But, surprisingly, I've never enjoyed them live. They fail to get me grooving seriously.

Orange Street - Sellouts

Pentagram - Randolph is seriosuly amazing. Their current music form is something I really can't listen to for too long, but once in a while, it's pretty good fun. Awesome stage prescence and shows tho.

Bands which have gained my respect: MyndSnare, Kryptos (****in brilliant), Exhumation, Resonance, Something Relevant, Old Monks, Aftertaste, Scribe, Mantra, etc.

And some new bands to watch out for:

Cosmic Influence - Saw them live @ Res.V - Very tight for a new band... Dimmu Borgir influence

Final Fall - They need serious practice, but were very good with their first show

jamhead likes this.
  14. fat_kax

hey - the only thing u'll find in spacetime is einstien floating around after a blond bombshelll - and maybe the remains of our politicians genitals....

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Get back to the topic...

16. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

But tribal chanting with Brazilian drums (Sepultura), Kodo drums, rap and samples (Soulfly), Carnatic classical vocals (Steve Vai) and timbales and Latin percussion (Santana) are rock, is it?
    I don't know why in this country, we feel ashamed of acknowledging what is ours. We feel 'cool' and are praised for our so-called eclectic taste in music when we listen to 'ethnic' Sepultura songs and rave about Steve Vai's 'Blood and Tears' but if an Indian artist (and I'm not standing up for any bands) use any sort of Indian element, it is dubbed as 'selling out' and immediately becomes a ghaati element unworthy of being listened to by 'true' rock fans. The same attitude is further seen in this thread when people dismiss Indian Ocean, possibly some of the creative musicians in this country, as Indi-pop!

jamhead likes this.
  17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Well said.
    The influx of a trillion metal bands, each sounding like a rip off of some famous firang band, each having no identity of their own is just proof of your statement.
    Indian Ocean is very nice to listen to.

18. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Precisely. I went to GIR this year and was so disappointed by all the stuff on display...everybody sounded like Korn or Megadeth/Maiden.
    And this problem extends to the lyrical content..especially death metal bands. I bought the new Demonic Resurrection album, for instance, and why it's good musically (albeit sounding like a mix of 4-5 foreign bands), I have a huge problems with the lyrics.
    Why this obsession with frozen lands, desolate landscapes and Wicca or wizards etc in Indian death metal? Bhai, Mumbai mein kahan snow hota hai?Then what is all this rot about 'Spirits of the Mystic Mountains' and Frozen Portrait'?
    I don't think there's any shortage of depressing, gloomy or scary things to write sounds about in India. If you have to sound derivative of other bands, at least have the originality to write lyrics that are somehow related to your personal experience. This is not an anti-DR rant btw, it extends to most Indian rock/metal lyrics.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

K
    OK
    Calm down!

Tell me, will you ever call Indian classical music as Blues music, if you try to incorporate it? It will be a fusion.

You may prefer to call Indian Ocean as Indi-rock or something, but surely you cant label them as Mainstreeam Rock.
    +
    If they sing about Narmada etc instead of talking about drugs and death and lucifer, what else can you expect from general public?
    LOL
    They WILL call it ghati.

Anyway no offence, I am not a snooty chub.
    I listen to any song regardless of genre. Doesn't make a difference whether Indian Ocean is Hip-hop or Indi-pop or goregrind death metal.

But yeah the moment their lyrics turn to religous propagadna I will stop listenting to 'em. (jsut check some "Christian Rock" bands)

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

LOL, their song titles made me and my friends laugh so hard that we almost threw up. So did the song titles of Kryptos( they were not in GIR, they played at IITD sometime back). Hahaha, they had a song named The Frozen Planet Of Ice of something hahahahahaha, hilarious.
    Prestorika sounded like a Metallica/Megadeth cover band(which they are).
    DR was interesting though(bar the lyrics lol ). Medusa got boring. Zero was nice. And the firang band Your Codename Is Bournivita was boring after which I left.