Best Paki Instrumental

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by aeg0, Jan 22, 2006.

?

Best Paki Instrumental

1. Aamir Zaki - Mera Pyar (live)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Aamir Zaki - You Need that Fire (live)

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Salman Ahmad - Samina

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Salman Ahmad - JugalBandi (live)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Salman Ahmad - Heer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Shallum Xavier - My Guardian Angel

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. Nabeel Nihaal - Hoor

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  8. Mekaal Hasan - Sampooran

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

What are your views regarding the pakistani instrumental tracks out there.This isnt an attempt to label any track as the best, just wanted to know your views about these tracks.

I didnt put up the band names, instead I posted the guitarists name.

I also included tracks like Mera Pyar, because more than half of such songs is instrumental. Also, some live performances are better than the original ones.

2. grimreeper_007

grimreeper_007 New Member

mera pyarr is not an instrumental track man, and if thr is any instrumental version so can u tell me its site whr i can get it.Anyway Fire of Zaki and other Zaki track rox

3. kl12

kl12 (Ghost Note)

amir zaki..u need that fire...
    any body have seen its video???? back in 1994 ....i still remember this video playing on a program " Pepsi top of the pops"...also this track remained the background music of FM100 during 1995 to 1997...

4. shak

shak Harrr!

i am a huge aamir zaki fan .. but from this list .. i voted for samina by salman ... if you ever listen to it .. you will agree that it is the most beautiful work on guitars by salman .. technically its out of this world ... the melody is just right .. inshort .. nothin less than a masterpiece .
    but thats just my opinion

5. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

@grimreeper : read wt i said in my original post.

@shak: i listened to samina. i didnt find it very impressive. hav u heard "hoor" from aaroh's album ?

6. shak

shak Harrr!

no i havent heard hoor .. is it good?
    well i like the technical aspect of samina .. cuz it took my 4 hours to tab aamir zaki's you need that fire .. and i still cant tab samina .. he does wicked stuff on guitar . .try tabbing that .. you'll see

7. Num!

Num! New Member

Nabeel's ho0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0or!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the best the rocking....bohat Aaala!..

8. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

i like hoor

although can't compare nabeel nihal with, aamir zaki and salman ahmed but i kinda like the feel of hoor so i vote for hoor

9. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

@shak, hoor is definitely worth a listen. reg samina, what do you mean by technical? if it means that it follows all the rules, shouldnt that be easier to tab?

@ knight - same here. i like the feel of hoor.

I'm surprised that no one likes Heer. maybe no one has heard it.

10. shak

shak Harrr!

by technical i mean he has used some of the techniques that are just mind blowing .. the way hebends and release while pulling off to some other frets .. string skipping .. lagatos, appregios .. phew ... that song is an encyclopedia of guitar tricks ... and slick playing ... will try to get hoor

11. manitrim

manitrim New Member

The Best Paki Instrumental I've Ever Heard is
    Shallum Xaviar's Guardien Angel

By Creating the poll u made the choice very limited
    but I like
    Amir zaki ---- The day she left
    Faraz Anwer -------- through the passage of time
    Meekal Hasan's ----Samporaan
    Nabeel ------ Hoor
    Salman Ahmed ------Heer