Best Ibanez under $700

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Johny Bravo, May 31, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Chintan....Where did you play a crappy Gibson....Maybe it was a damaged piece or you are LYING...:shock: :shock: :shock: Cant believe that someone will lie in a forum to protect himself... :shock: :shock: :shock:

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

lol!! Its gettin interesting now

3. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

4. ronnieanand

I am used to playing the Parker. And you played on the parker without even plugging it and that too in a noisy backstage..There's no way, you could have heard the precise sounds of it.

Jumbo Frets dont need precise playing. Just lighter touch as compared to regular frets...Again you are getting confused about the touch of fretting and precision of playing. Precise playing requires you to be accurate in picking and fretting...Play through good single coils and you will understand that you need balls to play a single coil not as easy as humbuckers....

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ and ppl say IGT is gettin boring :rock:

BTW I was under the impression that jumbo frets are easier to play. My Tulsi has Jumbo frets and its a LOT easier to fret than ones with normal frets

6. chintan9

All you noobs I suggest you check out that link i posted!!!

And bugga you are so hilarious, from jumbo frets you suddenly jumped on to humbuckers vs single coils. :p:

And about playing your parker, I can easily guage a guitars feel and playability by just fretting the damn thing. I dont need to actually plug it in. To guage tone you need to pluge it in!!!!!!!

7. ronnieanand

Precisely...That's what Jumbo frets are meant for...Easier and softer fretting which wasn't possible in regular frets...

The whole idea of scallopping a guitar came to existence because Blackmore wanted to play fast and was using a lot of legato in his playing which means he didn't want to fret notes hard...The same idea is extended by using jumbo frets...

8. chintan9

BWHAHAHAHAA
    Dude that is cause your previous guitar would have been a piece of shit!!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey Chintan,
    Tell me ONE artist using Ibanez who doesnt rely on much FX.
    Who doesnt use super hi-gain distortion (which compress the tone severely).

10. chintan9

Are you a dumbo or what??? the fact that you can play faster with a softer touch doesnt make it easy. Infact it makes matter much worse cause you have to put in that much more to actually control the additional smoothness, speed etc.

Here take the link again and read it PROPERLY.
    https://www.guitarnoise.com/wiki/index.php/Jumbo_frets

11. ronnieanand

A feel in a guitar is personal...We are talking about precise tones...And you are super hilarious...You start going into playability when we are talking about precise tones...and that too you gave up without your knowledge saying that to judge tone, you need to plug in..Which means you make statements without even reading what the original question was...Cool Dude...Way to go :rock: :rock: :rock:

I told you about single coils v/s humbuckers to make you understand about tonal precision...You seem to be talking without any clues, so I am just trying to make you understand...Since you are defensive, no amount of truth will convince you......

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Whatever the artilce may say, I feel jumbo frets are easier to play. I have played good guitars with normal frets too.

PS My old guitar was a piece of shit. but I still love it :p:

13. chintan9

How does that matter?? What has that got to do with jumbo frets and standard frets??

And i guess you havent heard of ANDY TIMMONS.

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i also think its easier to play with jumbo frets

15. ronnieanand

I am dumb but you seem to be dumber.....You are totally talking in different directions....Dude, I made a comment which said " Parker is a very sophisticated instrument and the tones are very precise. " . Ask somebody to translate this in some other language you are comfortable with if this thing doesn't reach your head...Do you actually understand what does a precise tone mean...You are lost in some direction...First read properly....

And there are 10000 links in the internet talking totally different things...I have articles with me written by big luthiers, one of them saying that 24 frets are the best 'cos the pickup placement you can get the best tones and another article saying 22 frets are the best b'cos of the pickup placements. Totally contradicting articles...

For a change, instead of going by net, use your head...

16. chintan9

bwhahaa dude thats what most noobs say when they are owned!! If you werent talkin about playability then why the F*@#$ were you trying your best to convince me that standard frets are tougher than jumbo frets.
    :rule:

You even went to the extent of stating greats like ritchie blackmore and Jimi Hendrix. what a loser!!

No matter what you refer to in your posts it is still a well known fact that JUMBO FRETS ARE TOUGHER TO PLAY AND REQUIRE MORE PRECISION THAN STANDARD FRETS . :p:

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

^ too early. LOL!

19. Double Click

Double Click New Member

:sdt: ................................. :war:

20. chintan9

ok then show me one link by your BIG LUTHIERS(lol) who state taht jumbo frets require less precision than standard frets.