Best Guitarist Hit List ....

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by bob-bobby, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

thanks esg ,

will check em out ...

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Except Essi and Me anyother Nightwish lovers here??

3. tejas

tejas ..........

The Goo Goo dolls are good. Here is gone is a wonderful song and Iris is one of my favourite love songs.

4. jayanth

How many Tony MaCalpine fans here???

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I think prashant likes Nightwish too...

I like some of Tony MacAlpine's stuff, but Im not a great fan.

6. jayanth

I Loved his stuff on Planet X.. Sometimes Derek Sheranians Projects Are TOOO Close to DT..

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i was just wondering..at the lack of jimmy page in the lists....i gues in my case he wud share some spot in the top 5 ...(move over tremonti :))...his solo in the TSRT verison of stairway to heven ROCKS...man it kiicks some serious ass....it bloody well goes into 95 bars.....????????? and an amazing solo it is....
    isnt the intro from angel in major pentatonic...was playing it (or rather tryint to) and discovered that....

8. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

i did put "stairway to heaven" up in my wish list of guitar songs ... i think i did mention it was because of that solo ...... but yeah even i was a little puzzled by the missing led zep support here ..... in any case ... slash fans are also in short supply and this is the only forum on the web where thats the case ...... i guess thias place is DIFFERENT ..... but thats good ... isn't it .. after all if it was the same as everywhere else ....whats the use ...

BTW .. i have an old copy of guitartabs mag .. n they have the solo of "stairway to heaven" as their number one solo of all time ....

9. jayanth

Whats the use playing a solo for 95 bars. It would be LOL boring..

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

but its is freakin amazing to listen to man.....it rocks, period :)

11. jayanth

I would prefer it if it was Jimi Hendrix doing the same..

12. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

The stairway... live solo is amazing... one of the first great solos, i would say.

13. jayanth

I would prefer the Sultans of Swing 13m in version solo...

14. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Awesome thread ... some of my favourite bands, guitarists and songs mentioned out here, here's my fav guitarist list ...

Steve Vai
    Joe sat
    dave murray ( isn't he iron maiden's lead, or is it jenick gers)
    slash
    kirk hammett

but i have not heard van halen at all, even jimmy page i havent heard anything except stairway to heaven... so I think this is the list of the best guitarists that i have heard...

15. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

Adrian and Dave used to be Iron Maidens lead players...Adrian left the band and Janick joined em...most leads are shared by the two of em...so i guess u really cant separate the two guitarists in maidens case...but then i guess nothin to beat Adrian and Dave...think of those riffs from Wasted Years, Hallowed Be thy Name, Number of the Beast, The trooper etc etc...man uve got em...

16. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

My top 5

1) Mark Knopfler
    2) Joe Satriani
    3) Eddie Van Halen
    4) Eric Clapton
    5) Steve Vai

17. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Yup jack, u r right maiden has two leads... and come to think of it, it's difficult to tell which one's better...

18. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

MY fav list (with thier best album) :
    Steve vai - sex and religon
    Eddie van halen - 1983
    Richie sambora - these days (bon jovi)
    Joe satriani - Surfing with the alien
    Jimi page - best of led zepplin

19. rendezvous

rendezvous New Member

any Al Di Meola fans here? I like his style of playing the guitar. If you haven't heard his songs, give it a try....you might like it. One of his new album has a remake of his song "race with the devil in the spanish highway" with steve vai, it is just amazing.
    the other great jazz guitarist is Kazumi Watanabe. just fantastic guitarist. One of his song with Zakir Hussain is just incredible.

20. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

hi maverick...i guess ur right but on the other hand some of their very best lead guitar work was in albums shared by Adrian and Dave..which is why i rate em as the better pair...of course as i said its a personal choice only...