Best electric option for Rs 8000

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Apr 29, 2006.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Which is the best guitar avialable for 8000-9000 INR(preferably with wammy bar)

I heard something called java is good
    pls help out

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Java is ok , They look Cheap, at lat the pickups looked chaep on the models I had cheaked out at Furtados. I think the GB&A are much better.

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Gb&a are good. I saw a comet strat recently with gold hardware...it looked amazing, ireally wanted to play it but could'nt. Maybe you could try it. I have a feeling comet and Gb&a are somehow related.
    Another option at that price range is J&D. I own one and its amazing. I really love the neck.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

for 8000 youll get a really bad tremelo system and if you use whammy bar on it it will probably go out of tune.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL Who said taht?

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

my friend has a pacifica i used its whammy bar and the guitar went out of tune. so i think without a floyd rose it wont stay in tune

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i maybe wrong but thats wat i experienced

8. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I strongly disagree.
    I have a Gb&A electric and using the whammy does NOT make my strings go out of tune.(only the first couple of days,cause the guitar was brand new)
    and yes,comet and GB&A come from the same family.

9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I agree with you... Having A Floyd ( even the Original Floyd) does not mean your guitar will stay in tune, if the nut is set up badly REPEAt if the nut is set up badly. Most of the tuning issues with tremelos are due to bad nuts and tunners. I have played a few strat styled guitars with Vinatge tremelos but with a very well made, set up nut and they have sayed in tune beautifully with moderate usage.

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

for 8000 I would say, dont think of geting a guiatr with a good Locking tremelo. You will however get nice traditional vintage tremelos.

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

For your first guitar, you don't want a locking system. You will want to use diff. tunings at some time and it's just such a pain to use retune your locking system. If you aren't going to be doing crazy dive bombs, you don't really need a locking system. A standard locking system meets most needs.

My friend has a johnson imitation strat. he got it for 8k i think and spent 1k getting it fixed up properly (intonation, nut, etc..) he loves it.

I'd imagine that it's quite good for the price.

12. vipin_slash

vipin_slash New Member

I think GB&A are best...I got one H-S-H (config) from 'Bharat' New Delhi.
    It costed me 5350.Its a Gr8 value for Money.In Blore its diff to get H-S-H config., even if u get it will cost U no less than 9K :)

13. aryanteen

aryanteen New Member

hey

to 8000 to 9000 u can nly get the indian one that u try 4 gibson gb&a then sultan u can get tyhsi 4 that price

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I have the same guitar.its a black strat rite??

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I agree with you. For a long time all I could think of was Locking tremelos. But I have seen so many guitarist who have locking tremelos and hardly use them, they could have done much better with a non locking tremelo or a fixed bridge. Non locking tremelos work well if the nut is set properly. Look at Jeff Beck play if proof is needed .If you want a guitar with Locking tremelo, save up and get a better guitar. Also if the guitar is going to be your only guitar I dont recomend it.

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

17. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Jeff beck has LSR roller nut and locking tuners which basically means tuning stability almost like a locking nut. If you want to hear strats taht stay in tune listen to SRV, no matter how much he bends or uses the whammy it always stays in tune. Even Blackmore with the amount of bar he used it should have been out of tune but stayed in perfect tune right.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Add Malmsteen also.
    Malmsteen puts a brass nut to reduce friction at nut.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+ one more thing.
    Most of teh artists we have listed are so pro, even if their guitar goes out of tune, they can play in key.

I have seen Malmsteen do that. He did a divebomb, which would have lead to wrecking of tuning.
    He still continued playing in tune.

After the song, he retuned the guitar.

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Thats excatly what I am trying to say, the idea is to reduce friction at the Nut. so if you have anut like a LSR or a Graphite nut and locking keys, it works well. Also the point on Ritchie Blackmore and SRV is very valid, thats what I am trying to say your guitar needs to be set up well.Of cousre all these guitarist have back up guitars... But their guitars are set up well...The whole idea again is to reduce friction, and binding at the nut.
    If you have a poorly made nut and bad tuners dont expect the guitar to saty in tune.