Best Electric Guitar For a Beginner [Help URGENT !!!].

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by megadeth_rulz, Apr 14, 2005.

1. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

Hey Guys,
    I need ur help urgently. I am a beginner who is comtemplating on buying a decent electric guitar. And I must say i am very confused. I have been playing acoustic guitar since last 1 year. So i would rate myself in between a beginner and an intermediate player who can easily pick up fast with proper practice.
    I would be playing stuffs like GnR, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard etc. That is more of Metal and Hard Rock and a few Classic rock stuffs. Some people have suggested me to go for Ibanez. But I am not sure. Again many model are there in Ibanez.

My Budget for Guitar alone is 12k to 14k. On checking out at Furtados, Mumbai i think following guitars fit my budget:

Ibanez Grx-20 Rs-8200/-
    Ibanez Grx-40 Rs-11,400/-
    Ibanez Grg-170 Dx Rs 12500/-
    Fender Squier Affinity Rs 11,200/-

What do u guys say ? Should i go for Ibanez Grx-20 considering that i would be using it for next 1 or say 2 year ? Or should i go for fender ? And which model under Rs 14,000/- budget ?
    I have heard the place where it is maufactured also matters a lot. what type are available in india ?

u guys know of any other good guitar shop other than Furtados and Bhargavas?

I have decieded to go for Marshal 15w Amplifier.

So guys i am in dire need of help. so please reply soon !!!

thanks and rock :)

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

squiers suck...period

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Stick with one of the Ibanez models

4. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Try Calling Ashish at SB Musicals his cell no . 9820884523.

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

for 9k theres a johnson imitation strat - personally - i think its better than the squier..

some ppl have really liked the yamaha pacifica - thats also available for 12.5k - i tihnk - not sure...

hopefully ur also getting a processor - else these guitars will sound like crap -

if not one of the guitars i suggested - then i guess id reccomend the grg170dx from ur list- its better than the other 3.

6. ssundha

ssundha New Member

can anyone tell me how much does a marshall 15W costs in india. thanks.

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dude try and get a starter pack.
    it will include guitar,amps and stuff
    will be cool for a beginner.

and also ssundha u will get marshalls made in india out here for arnd 6000 rupees.
    anyway someone just posted sb musicals number..try that guy..i heard he gives good deals.

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude...for 6k u get MG10CD ......soemthing like that
    15W models are all above 10k.....but i dunno i had cheked those prises like 1 yr back

9. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ hmm maybe..
    my friend was sellin me his marshall for that much..sorry for the wrong info then.

10. ssundha

ssundha New Member

thanks for the info on marshall

and here is some suggestion for megadeth_rulz

my instructor has a fender tele with "hot rails" from seymour duncan and it can blow the crap out of my ibanez RG320 (PSND pickups). agree that ibanez are good guitars but the lower ends are factory made somewhere in china along with the squiers and the fenders.

also take a look at this website. these were the guys who made the lower end models for all the big names sometime back.
    https://www.samickguitar.com/

finally, play the guitar before you buy it. and if you like the squier strat but need a beefier sound there is always an option. try to stay away from the floyd-rose bridge as they can be hard to tune.

11. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

hey thanks guys.
    somebody suggested a starter pack. but are they available in india ?

12. deathdr_87

yes the starter packs are available at bhargavas - ive seen a fender starter pack - or maybe it was squeir - dunno how it is thoguh...

13. ssundha

ssundha New Member

starter packs come with a squier strat (atleast here in US) and they give you a pretty basic amp. you buy it as a package and thats about it. they'll probabaly throw in a few picks...

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@Megadethrulz.....you have got situation which i exactly like mine. I have been playing guitars for 1 yr and trying to find my hands on a good electric guitars. The guitars which u have listed are not REALLY preferred ones. Its defenitely alright if you dont wanna spend for than the budget u have said, however, i suggest to wait patiently and get a good guitars which unfortunately are expensive for us.

its big deal coz you'll hate urself and ur guitar if its not a proper one.

sob! like my acoustic, i wished i had waited a bit longer and wud have got a good acoustic.

Think abt it.

Anyways, Grg170dx is the best from the list like death87 said.

15. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

hey guys
    finally bought an Ibanez GRG-170DX JB.
    too happy for my first guitar
    Thanks for the help.
    see u guys around.

16. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

u can get a 30W marshall in arnd 8.5k, 15W for <6k..MG10CD for 3570

17. deathdr_87

i always thoguht that the m series marshall was almost as bad as the strangers and all - but after playing on one i realsied its a million times better...

no comparision

18. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

Yeah also bought a Marshal Amp MG15 CD for 5k.
    Must say its too good for its price. Didnt go for a processor as of now.
    But will be it needing soon.
    How do u guys practice ? u people have partners for practice or do u use drum loops for beat generation.

19. deathdr_87

i practise on my owm - i use guitar pro software or i use a beat from my processor -

but i also jam with another guitarist and a drummer... so that really helps...

20. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

yeah having partners to practice really helps.
    u know of any place in mumbai where gigs happen on weekend or so.
    and should i go for a processor or a pedal is sufficient ?