Behringer V - tone Electric Guitar pack

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitarboy_anand, Nov 14, 2005.

1. guitarboy_anand

guitarboy_anand MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD

guys e bay is giving Berhinger V guitarpack (Electric guitar + Amplispeaker + gig bag + cable, belt).for 9000.00
    is it a right deal
    advice solicited....

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I thing the listed price by berhinger is 150$ which is less thank 7k but i'm not sure. Is there amyone who can back me up?

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The original pack is for 9000. Why do you want to buy it on ebay.

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

One of my friends bought one last year...the guitar was ok...decent action, no terrible buzz. The sound wasnt great as you might expect...very dead sounding pickups..not even the 5th fret harmonics were picked up properly when I tried to tune.
    The amp is not very loud..in fact you cant hear it at all even when its on full volume if you have a drumkit in the same room...the amp models were ok for the price though...better deal than buying a givson and marshall 15 w IMHO.
    Another thing..using the whammy bar will make your guitar go out of tune every time so its pretty unusable

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ dude
    my crappy givson guitar can give most of the harmonix ... (atleast the 3rd 4th 5th 7th etc )
    and my whammy has never let my guitar go outta tune (well not to the extent that i havta stop playing)

in taht case my guitar for 3K and Marshall for 3.5K was a better deal :p:

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Never like these combo packs. Unless its a BC Rich. If it is, its worth the shot.

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

He he
    I was mostly talking about playability..the action and fretboard was better which I think are critical for beginners...lots of people give up playing because the guitar isnt set up well.
    But you have a point too I guess

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

nope ... but i hate my givson ...

i had to compromise ... beacuse of "paucity of funds"

but not such a big prob now - although now i dont have enuff motivation left with me ...

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

if you didnt haave funds you shouldnt have bought an amp. USe the computer speakers in the beginning.

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I played through it once. I think the entire pack in Rs.9000 here in bangalore only. So why go to eBay for the same price.

The guitar is okay. Better finish than a Givson and the action was kinda okay. The pickups are of super low output and muddy. I plugged it through Zoom 505 and with a heavy patch it sounded like a Vintage Fuzz :annoyed: . For just a beginner it's okay but you can get better deals within that 9K.

Get a Marshal MG10CD for about Rs.3500 and GB&a Electric for about Rs.5500. When you spend Rs.9000 in a single shop, you can get some plectrums and the strap for free. Get a cheapo cable for about Rs.100 and voila you have a better setup.

11. guitarboy_anand

guys ur advice seems to be quite right . Will follow
    by d way could u give me some names & addresses of goo shops in & around delhi

12. guitarboy_anand

guys ur advice seems to be quite right . Will follow
    by d way could u give me some names & addresses of some good shops in & around delhi

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Bharat Musicals.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well
    now i have the funds ... i can buy the gear i wanted
    but as i said earlier .. now i dont have any inclination for buying ...

and ( :RollLol: ) i didnt have teh funds for comp also that time ... so how cud i use the comp speakers ?

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Comp speakers are 300 Rs. Just cut 6 bottles of Beer that month, you'll get Comp Speakers.

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

isnt that too tall a task ????

muhuhhahhahahahaaaa ...
    anyway the past is gone ... no point crying now ...

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL.. Its ok to cry dude. Anyone who comes here with a hope of learning cries.

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:cry1:

:cry2:

yeah correct ...