Behringer pedals... Are they worth it??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tirtha2chester, Dec 13, 2011.

1. deepsal

deepsal New Member

see i didnt came online for a week or so and people started giving advice about using an od to clip a dist pedal into a ss amp wtf!!! ever tried doing that???

the only behringer pedals worth buying are the delay,reverb and octave pedal

mt2,behringer dist/wah/od pedals,digitech whatever pedal suck!! and ds1 isnt for metal
    the only one worth giving a shot is the metal muff

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

No personal experience with behringer pedals though but from what i know behringer as a brand is very unreliable. So before buying any pedal do try it out properly..check out for any unwanted noise and hiss .. it's quite possible that 2 same behringer pedals may sound different..
    and as deepsal rightly said that overdrive pedal doesn't really make sense with a Solid state amp.. i have seen people using them though but thats not the purpose of an OD pedal.. OD pedal pushes the tubes of an tube amp further to get more distortion/overdrive at low volume levels..

3. wylder

wylder Member

Don't write off brands totally man... Most of Digitech might be bad but a few do stand out. Try the Digitech Hardwire Metal pedal - I thought it was decent.

Then again, it depends on your taste/the tone you are looking for...

4. shailm

shailm New Member

I can personally vouch for the behringer digital delay.for the price it's fantastic. the only problem you would have is the fact that it's plastic, and the damned blue LED is blinding, but still kinda looks cool. no issues with noise. I also use the behringer multi effect, though i use it only for the pitch shifting, which is fun for cool sounds.

Most of the hardwire series seems pretty solid. The delay and the reverb i know for sure are supposed to be excellent.

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Just to add to this the LED can be covered with any semi transparent paper or tape...

6. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Dude, I just bought pedals worth 20k yesterday.... I bought the Digitech Death Metal for playing metal.... And for your information, I tried out the death metal, mt2, metal master, um300, metal muff and MXR metal.... The death metal beat everthing including the muff and MXR which were thrice its price.... The MXR was comparable but the Muff sounded like a pussy before the the death metal.... The digitech DM is a bloody awesome pedal, for all your saying.... I also got it at a price of 2.8ks... Its bloody awesome... The EH Muff is good at low distortion but the top boost really f****s it up...

7. tirtha2chester

And these are the pedals which i bought.... Only one Behringer in the list :p

-Boss DS1
    -Digitech Bad Monkey
    -Digitech Death Metal
    -Digitech DigiDelay
    -Behringer HellBabe Wah Wah

Took me around Rs. 18500...

8. tirtha2chester

Dude, I just bought pedals worth 20k yesterday.... I bought the Digitech Death Metal for playing metal.... And for your information, I tried out the death metal, mt2, metal master, um300, metal muff and MXR metal.... The death metal beat everthing including the muff and MXR which were thrice its price.... The MXR was comparable but the Muff sounded like a pussy before the the death metal.... The digitech DM is a bloody awesome pedal, for all your saying.... I also got it at a price of 2.8ks... Its bloody awesome... The EH Muff is good at low distortion but the top boost really f****s it up...

9. mymusicmyguitar

-Did u try the digitech grunge?
    -What was the reason behind buying Boss DS1?
    -Death metal in my opinion was completely hissy and lacked the Chug sound..I had tried that one with an Egnater Tube.
    -Dont even dare to compare Muff with digitech. They fall in completely different league. Digitech IMO is plastic tonal wise though i own one and i am happy with it...Its a budget pedal with good but slightly plastic tone..

And try playing the Digitech pedals at a very high volume...And at the same volume try playing Muff..And u will notice the difference

10. mymusicmyguitar

Lol..u r inviting trouble :p

11. tirtha2chester

The reason I bought a DS1 is because i needed one for soloing.... And also because it is used by many artists like Petrucci, Slash, Vai, Satch and so on.....

Yeah I tried the grunge but couldn't buy one coz I ran out of money :p
    Plan to get it and the boss CE by the end of the year...

BTW, inviting trouble?? Why??

12. mymusicmyguitar

Lol. :p u will soon understand why..if other guys happen to read that post of urs... :p..Get ready

BTW did u try any processors in that range??

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Facepalm...

14. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@ricky noticed your rig you have a ts9 too?? how much did you got it for

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

dude i don't have it yet.. it's yet to arrive (YTA) .. i'll get it next month.. getting it from US man.. US price only..

16. deepsal

deepsal New Member

if you havent bought it dont,i bought it from us too compared it against the bad monkey and was pissed guess i shouldnt have saved 50$ and got the maxon od808 or a ts808 instead if you already own a bad monkey dont get a ts9

17. deepsal

deepsal New Member

another thing mind posting pic of the be3 cab???

18. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I had been to Ricky's place the other day, that Be3 cab looks great!!!!!!!

19. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Have a bad monkey, i feel it makes my amp sound boxy, its an otherwise open sounding amp.....Cant use the gain beyond half way on it, its literally unusable, the level knob opens up the sound a little but not to my liking......Low and High knobs are ok, I feel they work well when set between 8 - 10, anything from 1 to 7 doesn't seem to make much of a difference

20. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ya i'll do that...but i wud love to see ur peavy 6505 before that..