Beginner for electric guitar..

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rasika, Mar 3, 2007.

1. rasika

rasika New Member

hey all,
    I m learnin guitar for 6 months now. I m kinda getting better at chord shifting now ( I think!).
    My guitar is acoustic-electric type . So if I join processor to it, I will be able to play electic ..stuff on it?
    Also, after getting comfortable on acoustic how to switch to electric? i. e. whats basic diff bet playin acoustic & electric??
    & I will appreciate the guidence for my processor purchase.
    Thanks in advance!! TC

2. rasika

rasika New Member

come on u guyz.. I know many of u play electric guitar. plz plz guide me..

3. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hey rasika,

U dont need a processor to convert to electric.
    What u need is an amp(as in amplifier), which will amplify the signals from the pic up of your accoustic-electric guitar.

And as far as processor is concerned..it is required to add effects like wah,distortion to your already existing electric guitar.

And more over even if you connect your accoustic electric to a processor...it will be equivalent to nothing...
    Accoustic-electric doesnt give enough feedback gain to support a processor.
    Only electric guitars do.

4. born2tab

Also regarding your amp query
    you can buy a stranger amp preferably Cube 20(Rs.2500)
    or Marshall Cube 10(Rs .2800 I assume,not sure though)
    or a Kustom amp.

And if you are rich enough then go for a laney amp:p:

5. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

I also a electro acoustic guitar and I connect it to my music system. Do these amp sound better than my music system.

And born2tab do u mean pedals are of no use to electro acoustics???

6. born2tab

Amp sounds equivalent to your music system but this will eventually wear off your speakers if you are playing at high volume.Amp is made to bear such wear and tear.

Also pedals are of no use to elctro -accoustics as they do not have enough mass(read weight) to give that feedback gain as given by electric which is required by the processors and pedals.
    At least thats the case with my Hobner accoustic.Whereas my squier electric gives immense effects.

7. loyal

loyal New Member

Most peizo transducers/magnetic pickups used in acoustic guitars
    provide low gain compared to electric's. you might need to boost the signal/match impedeance before u feed into the pedal, say use a pre-amp, DI box or an active onboard/clip-on amplification.

8. born2tab

^^^xactly:)........

9. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

Thanx:beer: