Bass in hand luggage?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fena, Dec 13, 2013.

1. fena

fena New Member

am planning to fly back home this january and i'm thinking of taking my bass with me as a hand luggage. i've seen people carrying guitars every now and then, but i'm a little worried as it is a bass guitar and i'm flying on a smaller plane. my bass is around 49cm long and weighs about 6-7kgs.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

A little late I know but it's usually not a problem at least with an acoustic. No reason why it should be for you....some airlines have rules saying you need to inform them beforehand. I would recommend taking it in hand luggage and lining up for your seat early so you can hog luggage space which was meant for other people too. You might feel a little uncomfortable because of the glares of your copassengers but at least you get your guitar home safely!

Super-Admin likes this.
  3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Just be careful - the airlines has a clause in their tickets that say that in case the hand luggage is large - you may have to buy additional seat.

Other than that - just threaten them with dire consequences (in case the stuff breaks because of check-in) if they don't agree when you ask sweetly.

Super-Admin likes this.