Bass guitar????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rohan_singh_84, Oct 29, 2005.

1. rohan_singh_84

rohan_singh_84 New Member

helllo people,
    i have just registered to this site. i'm a bass guitarists for aband called saarz in Baroda, and i'm a novice, i already have a bass guitar ( Yemaha (made in WB)).
    I am totally sick of that guitar and need to buy anew one can you please help me, a little information on amps would alsodo a world of good.

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

hi rohan..
    If u have a decent budget like somewhere in between 9k t0 11k then i wud suggest u to go for GB&A or the yamaha....(not yemaha..its a crap).GB&A bass guitars sound awesome..
    And if u r short of money go for the old Tansen bass guitars as the new ones are horrible.OR else go for the givson bass..though not upto the mark they will always be better than yemaha.These wud cost around 6k.

3. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

give us a fair idea..of ur budget..and what kind of music u play.
    then we could suggest u somethin.

4. rohan_singh_84

well i have abudget of around 10k max of abt12 i use a stranger cube 40 amp, though not meant for the bass, it sounds okay. the songs that we don't play are heavy meta, hard rock etc b'coz nobody in baroda would like them. we play gnr, u2, junoon, jal etc.

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Look into the Yamaha RBX series, they're VERY good quality instruments available to low prices.

6. rohan_singh_84

thanks all, i will probably have to go to mumbai this week and check it all out

7. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

rohan ,dude i i m also from baroda , i pm'd u ,,,,,,,,,,u didnt reply .............where in baroda r u from?............if plannin to get rid of ur old bass,,,,,,then we gotta talk man......

8. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

i would suggest NJ Beast Bass guitar from BC Rich guitars....but ur budget is not tht high so... u shud agree with born2tab and Mr.Scary

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i've heard Yamaha bass guitars

would be a good choiz

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yamaha n washburn bass guitars! dun under stimate them!