Bass Guitar wanted in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sanjivdas, Jul 28, 2005.

1. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a bass guitar to buy in Bangalore. Used ones will also do, this is a first guitar so i'm not awfully particular. I am looking for a relatively smaller size (got not so big hands!) and it should not be too heavy. I do not have any budget in mind, I am open to VFM offers. However, no offers for crappy guitars like tronad or yemaha etc. Givson is the lowest I would go. Also, not looking at spending above 6 - 7K. Anyone selling a decent imported one at a good price, you are my best friend! Alternate suggestions also welcome (I need this soon so can't wait long enough to get it from Tulsi).

Sanjiv

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

One of my friends is selling this tansen fender jazz bass remake for 9k. Interested?

3. chintan9

I for one think this is a killer offer cause this was made in the Jackson factory in Chennai.

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

new givsen bass comes for 6-7k only.. not the crappy 4k one but theres one for 6-7k also.

5. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Chintan,

9 K is a little harsh, as i just bought a bass processor and am in the process of making a good solid state bass amp and cabinet too. Can he bring it down a little. Also, tell me more about the guitar, how old, wood, pickups, colour etc. Is it in Bangalore?

Sanjiv

6. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Hey Chintan, this friend of yours is not the one who buys Tansen basses for 8K and then sells for 10 K is he :)

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

9K for Tansen Bass :annoyed: .

Get hold of a new GB&a bass for about 8K. Anyway you are willing to spend upto 7K. Just shed a 1000 more and get yourself a pretty decent one. GB&a beats Tanses hands down. Infact GB&a is also from a manufacturer who is an OEM for several big names. I know a few guys who sold their Tansen off after playing on my GB&a with it's stock pickups.

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Hey Ronnie, I asked around, GB&A cheapest was offered for 9 K. Do you know anyplace offering less than that? My idea of 7 K was for a real imported bass, some good brand, used but in good condition. Otherwise I would rather not stretch myself and settle for a new givson or something. What do you say?

9. ronnieanand

Dont get Givsons even if you get them for free. Hopeless quality. We are using a Givson Bass in our jam room and it sucks big time. At one time it was on sale for 2K and there weren't any takers for 2K. Now anyway it got sold within the band, so that we have one bass with anytime.

10. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

haha. . ya actually givsens are really bad but theyre dirt cheap...

why the crap did u buy a bass processor?? u shouldnt ahve wasted ur money on that till much later... u couldve spent thaty to get a proper bass

11. chintan9

I dont think Gb&a can beat the old tansens. I mean for christs sake they are Jacksons with a different sticker. And werent you the one saying that old tansens kick ass :think:

12. chintan9

OH one more thing the new Tansens suck! Never go for them, nowhere near the old stuff.

13. ronnieanand

Tansen always had a very poor QC control. Did I ever say old Tansen kicks ass. They were surely better than the new ones but the guy who sold his Tansen after playing my GB&a was having a Old Tansen only. GB&a are still OEMs for several big guns. Maybe they are Ibanez or Epiphone or Kramer or something else in a GB&a label. Korean mass producing technology is anyday way ahead than India ones.

14. ronnieanand

There are several stories floating around about Tansen which I am not sure about. When they were the OEMs for Jackson, their huge bunch of guitars got rejected by Jackson due to poor quality and these bunch were what sold as Tansens here. These were the old Tansens that kicked ass :think:

15. chintan9

Oh wait was that Abrar who said the old tansens are as good as any Jackson. Did he have an old tansen before.

16. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Chintan, you need to tell me more about the Tansen Bass. The pickups, wood, colour, how old etc. And is it in Bangalore, Can I see it? Also, is you friend willing to come down on the price?

17. chintan9

The pickups are tansen pickups. The colour is bluish something. I dont know how old it is exactly and the wood is basswood.
    I havent told him about u so u will have to wait.

18. ronnieanand

Maybe Abrar said that bcos he likes Tansens. He owned one before. But I am not sure if he'd have made a statement that Old Tansens are as good as any Jackson.
    Tansens aren't even good as Tulasi or GB&a. Bring any Tansen and check my both the guitars and know for yourself. Tansens are only better alternatives to Givson or Tronad or similar stupid brands.