bass guitar playing

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by gypsysoul_19, Mar 18, 2004.

1. gypsysoul_19

gypsysoul_19 New Member

I just play a little rhythm guitar. I have'nt had any formal training in guitar playing at all. I would really love to play the bass guitar, how do i go about it without any teacher or books?

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Bass is kind of simple. If you are good at rhythem i e chords. Play the Note equivalent of that chord on the Bass Guitar. In a song, you may use chords , F G A E for example. On the Bass guitar play the note F G A E at the right timing. Also YOu can do a lot of tricks with Bass guitar. I will soon post those tricks on the Beginers Q&A forum. Please wait.

3. gypsysoul_19

gypsysoul_19 New Member

Hi Jayanth,

Thanks for the help, will try it out. I really look forward to the bass guitar tricks that you're gonna post.

thanks,
    jaime.

4. jayanth

Till i finish my article, Got through stuff like SLAPBASS, RUNNING BASS.... Try Google search for these two terms and practice.

5. Canucklehead

Canucklehead New Member

try mxtabs.net (they have a lot of really good tips/articles/forums on playing bass). slapping/popping/sight reading etc

6. Zion

Zion *** Santana Ka Baap ***

waiting for your post jayanth

7. jayanth

Its not complete yet.. Its a 15 page guide kind of a thing. I have written down most of it. Should not get it corrected for grammer mistakes and then print it. Its gonna sellt at the mere price of Print and Postage.. Nothing extra..

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Well bass playing is more than just playing the base notes of the chords the rythm guitarist is playing. You have to be creative. If you want to learn bass then listen to The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Their bassist flea is the best bassist there is. Only in their songs will you see bass being used as a lead instrument. Also check out Seether. Their bassist is quite good too.

9. jayanth

Check out Joe Satriani's Bassie... Stuart Hahm.. He's amazing too..

10. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

u can basicall bass as playing the same lead of a song in bass or u have to simply the bass notes of rhythm in the same strummin pattern.......basically bass cn be divided among:
    power chords
    bass notes

11. jayanth

Hey.. What????

12. dhim

dhim New Member

Query on Bass Guitars

I too have been waiting for something on the bass. This thread has sparked more interest in Bass.

Some Questions.

1. Can we use the accoustic guitar for learning Bass. What tuning should be used?

2. Some Bass guitars have 4 strings some have 5 strings???
    Note - The Bassist of Junoon Band uses 5 string Bass guitar.

3. What level of expertise should a guitarist have to move to Bass???

Thanx in Advance.

DHiM

13. jayanth

All bass guitars have 4 or 5 strings.. YOu can use acoustci for learning bass But it would be really stupid.. A bass guitarists need to know quite a few rhythem techniques.. Bu tthe finger techniques are completely different..

14. dhim

dhim New Member

15. jayanth

I have read that.. Its nice..