Bangalore: Floyd Rose Spares ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by MHG, Jul 10, 2011.

1. MHG

MHG New Member

I've an SX SR-1 STD BK electric guitar bought online from rondomusic.com.
    Its basically an Ibanez RG-series clone and has a licensed floyd rose single-locking tremulo system.

Around an year back, the floyd rose tremulo arm's attachment system (the nuts and fasteners which attach the tremulo arm to the bridge) were lost when I had to open the guitar up for making some adjustments. I didn't bother much since I stopped using the tremulo at all. Now I wanna try out some whammy tricks. Any idea where in Bangalore can I find spares to fix this thing back ?

I need a way to re-attach my tremulo arm :help:

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Check at Furtados.. Recently i saw some guys coming there for repair work for their bridge..

3. MHG

MHG New Member

Any idea what they charge ? And what kind of repair work are you talking about ? I did take the guitar to Soundglitz Brigade Road for repair. Problem was they could fix and adjust things but they never had spares. Only luthiers have small spares like the ones I'm looking for..

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

try contacting bobby in that case... search the forum you'll find his number somewhere...

5. MHG

MHG New Member

I didn't contact Bobby but a guitar store or two (including Reynolds). The guy there who handled repairs said that I'll have to either buy the whole bridge, or I could buy spare locking nuts or just the tremulo arm (both of which cost around 750 at bajaao). For my particular problem he said he'll have to custom-make it and it'll cost Rs. 800. I was like WTF ? Rs. 800 for a hollow screw and a bolt ?

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Try contacting people who make custom guitars.. They might do it a bit cheaper... but it wont be very cheap... Thats the reason i never suggest floating bridge guitars to people unless they really need it... Bad tremolo's are pain in the arse...