Band Names...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by maverick8218, Sep 10, 2004.

1. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Many people out here have played in bands. I thought it a good idea to start a thread here for such people to post the names of their bands, how they hit upon the name, etc. people who have not played in bands, could may be write down the name of the band which they wanna form ;)

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i never played for any band !!!!

3. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Same here...

;)

4. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Ok, then we can try to think of a name of a band we'll form. Personally, I like the names 'federal filth' and 'corporate crap', pls don't ask me what they mean, coz i have no idea whatsoever.

5. bob-bobby

hey mav , what are you upto with these names :think:

i like "GULDER , the ultimate " ( its a local nigerian beer and my regular ) ,... :)

6. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

My school band called itself Broken Strings first but changed to Paradox X... We came up with paradox, as it sounded quite cool... and then added the X as in Symphony X to make it sound a bit cooler...

Over here in Singapore, early this year, in a performance with a few malaysians, we called our 2 guitar, drum, bass instrumental set up 'Valhalla' because we couldn't agree on anything else.

Last 2 months, in various performances with other indians (drum, bass, 2 guitar and vocal/keys) including for independence day, and some other special gigs, we called ourselves Broken Strings again, because the same day both me and the other guitarist broke guitar strings

7. skaw

skaw snooze

i havnt ever played in a band ... but i really like the name broken heart or split ends

broken heart is kinda romantic
    n split ends ... well i dunno

8. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

i played in GNR .... you never saw my face cuz i hid it behnd my hair ...... nowadays i play in my PIT and the velvet revolver....... lol ......

dreaming on guys .. without anyone asking me to .....

9. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

a name for your band ..... how's "calculated CONFUSION" .... you'd be called CC ....its the in kinda name these days .... i really liked the name coldplay .... n mettalica and GRN are just genius for names ...

or maybe you could use the name "Sonance" goes for any kinda band .... i really liked this one ...
    if you're into metal or hard rock ... FUROR is a great name ..... makes all kinda statements ... political and musical ....

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

k, i had a band named SILENT STORMS in school. we cudn't come up with nething so...coz my other band members played only soft, that's y 'silent', n i was into the heavy stuff n played quiet aggressive solos on top of the songs n intoduce sumtimes sum metal riffs...so 'storms' for me.
    also played in a band who were called DEVIL INC. , they already had this name. the third band i played were not very serious( v had a keyboard, drums, n me on guitar.) played for only a little time n dint decide a name

n ya, in 'silent storms' we only played instrumentals (own compositions)

now i've just got in coll. hope to find sum gud musicians here.

11. bob-bobby

hey assasin , SILENT STORMS - nice name :)

essi , what does valhalla means , i am sure its malay ,..

@ skaw , split ends :confused: ,.... go and ask your barber what it means ,..

12. skaw

skaw snooze

lolz ... i noe wht it mean ... but i dunno jus sounded kool .. n SILENT STORM is a kool name too

@ bob , u shuld come up with sum names too

13. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

how about " cacaphony of silence " ?

14. i havent played in a band... but i can think of a name tho... ??? well if i wudve kept a name of mi group it wudve been sumthing funky... and i havent eva cn a band wid gurls except 4 viva, aasma, spice girls bla bla bla

15. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

lavu, cranberries had ( or shud it be 'has' ?) a lead female, and evanescence has a female lead too...

hey, guys some nice names being posted out here... silent storms, split ends, devil inc, ... keep it up guys.

bob, you should really think of some names, man.

16. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

nobody mentioned my choices of names as anywhere near good ..... :-( :-( .... n here i was excitedly checking if neeone liked what i thought up ....

17. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

no doubt too have a female lead by the way ..... how can we forget stefani ????

18. bob-bobby

hey dudes , i advised so many names to abhay in his thread ,.... well nps ...

nws , if i had a band i wud had surely called it ,....

Dead People !!! if i really really decide to compose and sing mind boggling songs ,... or

THE INDIES ,...

will still come up with more ,... :)

19. TiMmEh03

TiMmEh03 Punk From The U.S.A

Our bands kinda having problems at the moment with names.....
    we have...
    1)The Klintons
    2)Reckless
    3)The Tormented
    Which one do you think is the best...?

20. tejas

tejas ..........

Which genre does your band play in.