Back due to popular demand......Ask me anything!!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vivo_b, Sep 30, 2005.

1. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Well when we all start out in our respective mother's wombs, we all are the same.....i.e. we're all (beleive it or not) chhakkas. We have both male and female parts, penises and vaginas etc. This probably explains why men have nipples, although they have no particular use for them. Also, when we hit puberty is when the girls start developing breasts, while boys do not have the required hormones to do so. Hence the nipples just stay where they are, but have no mamary glands behind them to prove any functionality.
    If the above explaination is not satisfactory, incomplete, or totally wrong, I invite our very own IGT doctor Dr. Saurabh to criticize.

@MODS: Some words used in this exlpaination are taboo but the use of these words was necessary to explain the phenomenon. Thank you for understanding.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

hmm not a very satsifying answer indeed ... maybe doctor can help ..
    by the way .. thats why they ARE called taboo ...

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

yeah i think it's coz of evolution. since only women have been using them to feed babies, over the ages, men's breasts lost their actual functionality. dats my take on it....
    what say doc???

4. shak

shak Harrr!

YES just like we lost the actual tails but stil have a short stubs at the end of our backbones to remind us of our long lost tails .

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

ok.
    this wld sound weird..but..its true..
    in sri lanka there was this man who used to feed his baby..
    (its true...was in the newspaper)..the mans wife expired..so to make his baby feel like mom he used to make him feed..which really turned out to be good...

its true ppl...belive it or not...

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

now howzzat related to this threaD?:mad:

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i wudnt say that during the intra uterine period everybody is a "chhakka".....your sex is determined rt at fertilisation, considering sex is determined by ur genetic combination....so what your sex is, is determined in the zygote stage itself
    what vivo mentioned was the external genital development ...which is slightly inaccurate
    the initiation of the development of genitals occurs in a similar way in both the male and female but later on depending on the secretion of hormones goes on to develop into either male or femal external genitals..
    As for male nipples, they are vestigeal organs
    moreover, they arent sex linked, as in they are just something which you get irrespective of whether ur a male or female. Apart from that no one REALLY knows why males have nipples

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^.......dr saurabh on a scret top mission to hideously find out some answers to his own questions:grin:

9. shak

shak Harrr!

right to this date we have found two questions to which there is no answer:
    1) what is gravity?
    2) why men have nipples ?

GREAT!

10. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

hmmm......well thats interesting.....two questions....no answer!!!!!
    Well about that....I should probably clarify my earlier explaination. I meant "chhakkas" in an anatomical sense not genetic. So we do have similar organs, its just that the hormones determine whether the ovaries win or the testicles. This is how hermaphrodites are born, basically the hormones make the wrong organ win, or in some cases its a tie!!!! So a person with a XY chromosome can have a vagina, a person with a XX can have a penis.....and in some cases regardless of genetic composition, a person may have both!!!!!!
    Maybe the male-nipple explaination is a combination of both.....ie its a vestigeal organ which has lost functionality due to lack of use??? How feasible is that doc???

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

that sounds highly unlikely...mainly coz...there havent been any reports ....validated reports or anthopological or fossil or any kinda evidence which suggests of male nipples being used for lactation....
    hermophrodites or Intersex are usually anatomically bisexual genetically their sex is usually well defined....
    tho in case of super males or super females. (XXY or XXX or XXXY or XXXX or those combinations...) u may see intersex..........also in case of testicular feminism u will never know by extrernal appearance whether the person is a male or a female....
    endocrinology can play havoc later in life.....which is y gynaecomastia is common in old age
    and its usually just anatomical manifestation......when your deciding the sex you are better of sticking to genetic make up...

12. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok... someone tell me what is push to talk ? all these new cells coming out seem to have it

13. shak

shak Harrr!

its like a walkie talkie thingy isnt it?

14. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Its a cell phone that works like a two-way radio. Normally billed per second. So you basically chose the person and push a button to talk. Saves some minutes and I think you can chose multiple recepients (like a CB radio channel) so it can double up as a two-way radio. Normally useful for contractors etc. Plus gives u added privacy, no need for the other person to hear stuff being talked while the button isn't pressed.

15. shak

shak Harrr!

sorry to bump an old thread but i guess we will soon get an answer to the first question ...
    https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4415722.stm