AXL guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Varunendra, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

I wanted to ask how good are AXL guitars.I checked out one for 14,000rs which had a floydrose and stuff...seemed good.
    any opinions?

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

where did u see the guitar?

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

and sorry for the double post

WHY DO I HAVE NOTHING IN MY BANK???? SOMEONE TELL ME PL0X

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Don't obsess over it you forum monkey!

@O.P: I may be able to interest you in something with FR and active electronics for much less. Hold on a few days and I'll let you know

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^hmm a surprise eh ?

6. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

i saw it at bhargawas...are AXL guitars good and reliable?

7. thehundredthone

@varunendra: harmony central may be able to give you some good reviews. Of course nothing like playing for yourself it before you decide.

@TheDevil: just need to get some things sorted out, if all goes well then I'll unveil the surprise :p:

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

9. thehundredthone

I couldn't find many of the models that are in e-shops on the website. That IMO tells you something about them, unless the website is new.

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

do ypou see any of the models that you seen in Bhargavas on their website? Thier website does not say anything much about the comapny i.e wher they are based ext.

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Ok here goes: -https://www.axlguitars.com/About_us.1212.0.html
    They seem to METAL oriented whihc I dont personaly like to much.. But other then that Icant say any thing else. They may be just a noth above your Yamaha PAc or the same level, (YOUR YAMAH MAY ACTUALYY BE A BETTER GUITAR). If I were you I would not sell my YAMAHA for this NO WAY. If I were to sell the Yamaha I would go for an UPGRADE .

12. thehundredthone

@Jocelyn: I guess I'm wrong about the AXL thing. All the info is there :eek:: :giveup:

But, the manufacturer's website and an Indian store's website are 2 different things. Bhargava's is one of the few "retail" stores that actually has a website.

In the event that a manufacturer has a website with less info, only word of mouth/text reputation will get it around, right? For e.g. Alberto's. It's because you have good feedback about it that I think he's a good luthier :)

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^ exactly feedback works wonders... And thats what small time guys like Tulsi, Albertos's, Peter Perroira depend on. Thats why I like these small guys they will make u an instument that is GOOD and top notch.. Yes ther will be the occasional bad piece but ther works are good.

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

what Jocelyn has said is very important.

When i was looking out for a electric guitar in India whether from Bhargavas or furtadoes or anywhere else. I was really getting a bad or either ok kind of guitars however in a budget for which those guitars where not at all worthy. I ended up getting a beautiful guitar from states.

Two things to have in mind if you want to buy an electric.

1) If you want to get a guitar from India get a custom made from a experienced luthier.

2) Get it from your friend/relative from outside.

Thanks!

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oh recently I came across an AXL.

It looked like Steve Vai's axe, beacuse of all the brighjt coloring Hehehe.
    It was pretty heavy, and sustain was also good. Did not plug in, hence cannot tell much.

The action was cool, and the fret board was also nice.
    Actually I felt it was better than the Ibanez that we get for around Rs.10K, but I have no idea whether 14K is decent deal or not.

On the other hand, if the Floyd Rose stays in tune even after heavy whammy abuse, 14K is cool price for it.