Automatic Guitar Tuner

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vivo_b, Sep 8, 2005.

1. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

So this being my last semester I get to do a design project. Offcourse guitar tuner was on my mind thanks to my hobby. Now last semester I took an embedded systems class which got me thinking about an automatic tuner.....one in which the user choses a tuning, and the tuner automatically tightens loosens the strings to tune the guitar.
    Apparently its been done......but not in a very economical/user-friendly way. Most of the old ones are pretty bulky and involve fitting the guitar on some sort of "bench" or "contraption"!!!
    Anyways my plan/specs:

1. Guitar tuner with manual tuning option.....LEDs tell u whether u are off.
    2. Automatic tuner option......you select the tuning and let the machine do it for you.
    3. Battery operated(maybe a 9V for enough power).
    4. Portable.......maybe not fit in your gig/bag......but u definately shouldn't need a cart for it.
    5. Tuning perfection(harder to achieve than most people think).

Will keep ya'll posted.....was thinking of starting a blog to evaluate my progress.....will tell ya'll if that works out.

Hopefully my project is approved by faculty!!!!!!!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!! :rock:

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

good luck bade bhaiya!

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nice project ...

4. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

dammit project didn't get approved.....gonna do some stupid FM communications project involving amps n filters n signal conditioning.....should be interesting i guess!!!!!:(

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hehe..may class mate already did that project when i was in 12th......he made some sntena like thoing connected to a large chip....and a pluginm where in you connect earphones.....then if someone listens to fm radio ...as per some particular range....then ....you put on the ear phones and pull out the antena and voila
    !! .....u can hear what that dude....is listening in the fm! :shock: :dance: