At what point in your life did you stop caring what people thought of you?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rickkkyrich, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Sadly...I don have it to show it....

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Didn't I tell you about the PMO?

3. wylder

wylder Member

Sorry man, the intent was not to confuse. we were just trying to help.
    Besides, I thought discussions are most fruitful when people bring in their ideas and everybody gets to ponder over others' opinions. So I'd say encourage such discussions.
    Also, the OP has the right to control the thread if he/she feels the discussion is meandering away from the topic.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@alpha: i don't seem to remember even if you did.. come again please..

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Don't be so formal man... i understood ur point.. it makes sense..
    and off topic?
    https://indianguitartabs.com/f2/favorite-brand-booze-49362.html
    this thread has hardly anythin bout booze :p: so off topic is just fine as long as it keeps IGT alive (to an extent)...

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

7. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Become my slave and beg for mercy.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

This is a :cool:thread meant for :cool: replies so off with all of your rationality.

As a kid I always used to worry about what people would think of me. I was weak, scared...the runt of the litter. I would wake up soaked in sweat because I'd picked my nose in the bathroom that evening and I was scared that other people would find out.

Then I started listening to rock music. That first note of Summer of 69 told me I should stop caring what people thought of me and I did.

:cool:

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Out of curiousity, would you guard against this showing of intellect? Would you read a post on here, think up an intelligent answer and then not say it?

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Oh certainly yes.. i have done it plenty of times..

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm hoping this was one of them.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I'm lazy, ignorant and unintelligent.. what do you expect from such a person?

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Apathy and uninteresting threads, I suppose.

15. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

okay..enjoy then..i ain't fulfilling any wish of yours...

16. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

stooppppppppppppppppp thinkin so bad bout urself..!!!!

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

The threads are not uninteresting i think.. my posts might be...
    and true that apathy thing..

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha aww, I didn't say I thought you were lazy, ignorant and unintelligent! I think you're sincere on the internet, which is a rare quality. Also, I think sometimes you need to take yourself less seriously...anyway, I figure this entire post is moot given the thread it lies in.

19. anisha_astrolog

anisha_astrolog New Member

ok agreed that for self-growth one should listen to others but there is a huge gap between 'listening' and 'caring'. when you listen, then you have a whole lot of time for spoeculation and deliberation but when you care then you are blindly driven by the desire to prove yourself worthy in the eyes of others when in reality you don't want to do that particular thing. caring can make a dancer join a singiong school because someone said they should sing as dancing makes them look like a fool.

20. susanthom

susanthom New Member

I always tell myself to ignore what people think of me except those I like; I can pretend that they are nothing to me(actuall they are), yet I can't stop care what they think of me. despise