Arritee...i gtta problem!!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Petunia, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

For the past couple of sign-ins.
    Im having a really hard time keeping the window open. Its like ive hardly signed into IGT that the window jst suddenly closes on me. And it happens only with IGT..

Sometimes, there's a sigh of relief when i make it through to one of the forums..and then *bleep* its gone! But it doesnt happen ALL the time..just like 75% of the time. sniffle.

:cry2:
    Ive barely managed to write this..and im hoping there is a sane answer to this!
    Or am i jst cursed??

Thnks guys,

Petz.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Try disabling your firewall and opening IGT....'tis the mother of all internet solutions :)

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    And bring in horde of worms, and spywares?

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

DONT DO THAT!!!!!!

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well, I didn't mean it as a permanent thing.

I've been having problems accessing IGT for a while since those ads started to crop up within words. I disabled the firewall for a few minutes, opened only IGT and saw that it was working pretty well.....so I then added it to my safe site list and it's been working fine since.

It was, to be fair, a hit and trial method though. God help me if something infects me through here though.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ofcourse.

I was just giving a counter view as a balancing act.

You know somehting like devil vs angel. Both have to be present. :)

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

fo' sho'....we can give people different shades of grey!

But I'm a computer n00b anyway.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yo nigga!

Fo' Sho'

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

dear, that couldnt possibly be a problem with IGT, surely something wrong with ur pc if im not mistaken. :think:

a virus..maybe! :shock: Hope some nerds from IGT come to ur rescue.

10. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Possibly a spyware worm.... Get a spyware scan done...
    If not... then a browser problem...
    Which browser u use?

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

11. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@bjr: hehe..thnks but no thnks. I aint taking no chances. This time i think ill stick with the angel talk ;)
    @ vini: sniff..i hope not. Everything else seems to be working fne. Its jst this site that screws up on me.
    @zoom-rocket: yea i thot so too..and ive dne a scan thru..everything seems fne for now. But then it has its moments :) browser is internet explorer..but if no other site is "struggling" then wud it really by a browser thing?

UUGHHH..:cry2:

12. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

It can be.....

...I guess its a case of browser hijacking .... (is u r AV and spyware thing updated wid the latest defns? If not , update and run the scans again.)... and then uninstall and reinstall IE again ..... dis should solve the prob ....

*FYI:-even the Java runtime thingy is known to cause this problem by crashing IE's VM , if there is a compatibility issue....though this should not be the case here as IGT is nt based on Java*

13. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

There might be a worm. Try using some other web-browsers. That's the only solution I see into this problem. Otherwise go through a thorough scan for worms and hijackers. Get the windows update done. And check with your firewall.

nIK!:cool:

14. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@apurbajd/@nik: hm yea well..:cry2: gotta go under the chop chops!
    *sigh*Arite...im gnna try it, guys.
    Thanks, tho. :)