Are you an intellectual?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Jan 22, 2007.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Indians around the world are from these places in most cases. X(

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Jozko was from Kerela.

@thread...Im not....I opened this thread thinking there would a link to some automated web-test (those how gay are you types) :eek::

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well, duh. guitarangela is from Kerela!

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Okay, I looked up dictionary.com and tried to see if I fit any of the descriptions.

Intellectual as a noun-

6. a person of superior intellect.

There is no way anyone can answer this for themselves without sounding vain so let this one pass.

7. a person who places a high value on or pursues things of interest to the intellect or the more complex forms and fields of knowledge, as aesthetic or philosophical matters, esp. on an abstract and general level.

No. Pursues of interest to the intellect are the low in value in my book. While I'm not averse to discussions, I have noticed that they tend to get incredibly pretentious when topics are abstract or philosphical. That is one of the reasons I don't even check Music Talk anymore.

8. an extremely rational person; a person who relies on intellect rather than on emotions or feelings.

Hell no. I value my emotions more than intellect on any given day. Of course, I tend to rely on emotions as well though I do try to weigh my options quite a lot.

9. a person professionally engaged in mental labor, as a writer or teacher.

er...I guess. I teach a couple of people guitar and some others math and physics (though neither thing professionally) so the answer is no again.

There you go...I am not an intellectual and quite happy about it. Intellectual musicians tend to bore me.

5. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Yep, it took Agent Smith to say it for people to hear it, long live science fiction. :/

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

yesh........

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

9. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

?????????
    LOL