Apple iPhone wohoo!! go apple!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by shak, Jan 9, 2007.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

https://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/

steve jobs just sold me an ipod nano, then an ipod video, then a bloody expensive macbook and now on verge of selling me his iPhone!!

the details are a bit sketchy but looking at the pictures i am having visual orgasm .. big glossy 64k touch screen!! 'drool' with mac os to boot!! .. widescreen movies and photos .... man cant wait!!!!!!

the only thig that's weird is .. its so thin .. and the screen so big .. and it has a phone .. must be a power hog .. so where does the battey go? it must have a really really short battery life ..

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

$499 not bad....

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Posted the same damn link in CC...just to see this thread here! Anyways the phone is awesome! Its a good thing i waited for the apple iphone instead of going for Nokia n95.

4. shak

shak Harrr!

^ yeah saw you thread .... sorry about that but you cant expect me to delay any news from apple ;)

anyway .. yeah ... looks good ... but gotta make it wee bit smaller (dont mind if it goes fat) and some tactile buttons

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

im worried about the screen is it scratch resistant of just like the first generation iPod Nano? It also does not seem to have any protective layer of any sort.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

it depends .. if it has a digitizer on the screen itself then it wont be scratch resitant cuz digitzers are made of plastic ..

but if it has the glass surface like the touchscreens on airport terminals and shopping mall guides then it should be scratch resistant ..

and i hope they dont DRM it with itunes ...

7. shak

shak Harrr!

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Though the phone's ***y .. I'm not comfy with the whole touchscreen keypad idea .. I bet it would be slower to type on it compared to a normal keypad .. and in this busy world where no one has time...........

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@lord_neo: You'll have to wait till 2008 (or Q3 2007 if you plan to buy it from the States) to get your hands on one of these.

on-topic: This is hardly a phone; the ability to make phone calls is just one of the features this device has. I see it rather as a mobile PC since it can perform almost all the typical functions of an average (non-gamer) computer user.

I wouldn't be surprised if they built-in a full-fledged productivity suite in soon. (the rumours regarding the iWork '07 suite certainly seem to indicate so). Maybe we'll even see 3D games if they can ramp up processing power in the iPhone.

Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Motorola must be shaking in their boots right now. If Apple can do with the smartphone (or perhaps pocket computing?) market what they did with the iPod, 2007 might play out a battle well worth watching out for.

10. shak

shak Harrr!

after a day ... and the initial period of utter excitement that has worn off ..

i find this apple phone a little ... disappointing!

yes .. no 3G, no downloads over WiFi, no expandable memory, no changeable battery (thankyou apple monopoly) large form factor, absence of tactile feedback buttons, and the price ...

i dont think i would actually be buying iPhone ... maybe the next version .. but not this one ...

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

12. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

The chinese ones pretty reasonable.>
    but an apples an apple.

13. .:SpY_GaMe:.

yeah i know i have a chinese ipod well its only 1gb been using that for i think more than a year? and no prob price wise it was a better deal and for the quality also its good.....

the chinese iphone will be launched just before apple launches the i phone here ie in eastern asia....

14. shak

shak Harrr!

@spy: yea i know about this meizu phone .. very nice!! i dont care if its an apple ripoff ... i really do like it ..

by the way, i officially hate iPhone now :) hahaha ....

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

yep i will buy one for my sis so i will be able to use it 3-5 months before we "meet" so i will have an idea abt the meizu and if am happy with that i will buy the >2k rmb one .....

16. shak

shak Harrr!

^ heh .. clever! and i think you do go about china very often dont you? how much do you suppose you can land one of these for? in british money if you can please ...

17. .:SpY_GaMe:.

M8 Basic: 4GB 1,499 RMB(100.561 GBP), 8GB 2,199 RMB(147.533 GBP)

M8 Standard: 4GB 2,380 RMB(159.693 GBP), 8GB 3,080 RMB (206.713 GBP)

i will go for a m8 basic 4gb first then if am happy move to a standard 4gb or 8gb .....still i need to consider my other expenses like going to the 2008 olympics in beijing ....

yep am in shanghai right coz of a diplomatic exchange stuff....