any real hard punk rockers?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Petunia, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

yes..i guess if you look at it that way..then theres more to it then doing a makeover every morning. But there are alot of "proud" (if you cud call it) listeners out there who like to stmp themselves out as punkrockers.

2. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Maybe sometime later..ill fwd you a couple ;)
    As for the music, some of my favo bands are rancid, goldfinger, catch 22, and reel big fish. Good charlotte is also good..*gys are soo cute :eek::* but lately theyve been going pop on me..so thats a little depressing...

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Wait...isn't Reel Big Fish a part of ska music? If not then I think I'm going to like punk rock. I've heard a couple of Reel Big Fish songs and liked them.

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Actually yes...i was gnna come back and edit my previous post...
    these groups are wht come under a gnre called ska-punk or skacore. Derived from jamaican ska and american punk rock.

Man..you listen to reel big fish? YOU SOOO ROOOCKKK!!!
    hehe..wht songs have you enjoyed?

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Off the top of my head, I can remember Sellout and She's got a girlfriend...yeah, I do rock. Give me some more song reccomendations for this band. Another ska band I'd heard of was Save Ferris....mainly because this friend of mine was crazy about Monique Powell(https://www.progressiveboink.com/justin/wimmen/powell2.jpg )

But my favourite band of the moment are, without a doubt, Earth Wind and Fire. Y'all need to listen to them.

6. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

I dont have any prob with make up.I just wanted to say that to be a punk rocker you dont need that.Infact most the punk rockers as defined by you i have met are not even punk rockers.They just do it to show off 'nothing' and carry a very rude attitude.Which i dont understand why.There are not much of these people around me but the ones who are they dont know anythig beyond green day and some even like backstreet boys :shock:
    There is no Punk here in India.First rock music has to make a appearence and then we can dream of punk band in India.I cant even think of a day when a indian punk band will show up.I know one thing the day it will some politician baba will also show up.Against them offcourse.

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

You no know something..i cant help but agree with you and im terribly sorry and disappointed that we've got the typical wannabes walking the town. The rude attitude is just a getup-thats really sad.

And i guess thats just what'll be...india will probbly never see a real punk rock group. As it is, its finding it hard to accpt rockers.

8. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

LOL..im so excited!!!!
    OK..reel big fish...their album "cheer up" was really good. All the songs were kick-ass. So give that a shot. Save Ferris is also a really good band..and monique IS awesome. :)
    Rancid is also really good..the vocalist-Tim totally rocks :rock: You can give their album Indestructible a try. That has some good songs.

Other ska groups (my likes):
    sublime; operation ivy; catch 22; no doubt; less than jake; smashmouth; the flatliners...and then some.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

downloaded a lot of Reel Big Fish and Save Ferris :grin:

Currently listening to "Don't start a band" and doing the robot pajama dance.

10. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

:nw:
    AWRRIITTEEEE..tell me wht you think of the others...

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Bah........grindcore is the only way to go........pilfered pilfering pilferers...

12. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

ok - punk aint wat u wear or wat u look like - its wot u feel and ur attitude
    if ur -"i dont give a **** - bite me" type of guy - ur punk enuf!!!
    i have a hole in my ear - and i bought a silver stud - but i hardly weear it - my school'd throw me out on my ass if i did... black nail polish and shit - thats fer dirt eaters - i got a part mohawk - like all my hair gelled in the middle - my music style as well as choice is uncanny(to some!) - and i regularly get drunk(on REAL beer) - fight and stick up my middle finger...so im punk enuff!!!
    i dress in baggy jeans and a t-shirt that sez - im a part of the problem - i got like sneakers 2 sizes big - so im punk enuFF!!!
    now - the question here is --- ARE U PUNK ENUF
    check urself MUTHA****A

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I used to like Rancid. They have some really groovy basslines

14. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Calm down Punk Punkerson

bjr likes this.
  15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahahahaa...cracking

16. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hmm...all i've got is long nails (that too fer my fingerpickin...)....but naaah ...no nailpolishit....too sissy.....
    i wanna wear a windswept hairstyle...and colour em white or blue :rock:..that would be enuf on my part i guess...

17. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I should dress up like that and post a picture, fukin will deter every single aspiring punk rockers :grin:

18. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Terrifyer from pig destroyer is the best punk influenced album ever \m/

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@ fatty--i like that kinna attitude. Good for you..
    @wizzy: RaNciD kicks a$$. :grin:
    @disturbed: u shud...;)

20. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

try NOfX and Authority zero
    easily available on any p2p...