Any Proco RAT Distortion users

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    Any Proco RAT Distortion users. I just had an idea of ordering the Keeley Modded one. I heard a few sound clips and it was phenomenal. Any users here who can give good feedbacks. I am getting tired of the AMT Sound, so I am thinking of an alternative.

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Pro CO Rat has AMAZING sound ...
    i heard few clips and i was in love with the sound ...

kinda sounds to me a bit like the AMT Calif u have ...

oni hitch - u cannot go very high on dist - it has medium dist ...

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I dont have first hand experience with the RAT but i have the Native Instruments "Guitar Rig" demo and when i put the rat in front of a plexi it gives a **** load of sustain and is very responsive to right hand picking. You can go from SRV to Malmsteen if you tweak it right.

But again maybe it's just the software and my opinion of the RAT maybe wrong

Anyway hope i helped.

4. ronnieanand

I am not a hard distortion user. My tone is pretty soft even if I play Metallica I prefer to retain my sound instead of a Scooped mid thingy. My drummer keeps cribbing about that all the time :mad: .

I was wondering if RAT could give me a nice soft crunch and a lot of mids in the tone and also decent sustain good enough to play legatos. Another thing I like is great controllable feedbacks. AMTs are pretty good at that.

Hey Sridhar. I think we should jam up. Both of us are here at Bangalore and have pretty similar taste.

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

even i would for that scooped mids thingy :mad: ... :) ...
    otherwise it wont sound metallic ... but then ProCo RAT is not meant for metal bashing ... right ...
    i read soemwhere that Dave Gilmor also uses Pro Cos ... modded one ... but the pedals are RATs ...

6. ronnieanand

There are lots of artists using Proco RAT. Even I was planning on getting the Keeley Modded RAT.