Any place in bangalore where i can get amp modded

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by crusaderindia, Apr 29, 2011.

1. crusaderindia

crusaderindia New Member

hi, does anybody know where i can get my amp modded. I want to replace my current speaker with one of higher rating. But the modelling effects circuit, pre amp and power amp are in a single PCB. So i am not able to figure out the preamp output.(i wanted to take this output and connect it 15/20 Watt power amp and the output of this higher rating speaker).
    And by the way does anybody here know where i can get Eminence or Celestion speakers in Bangalore ?

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

You are kidding right you want to take the pre section of a ss amp(from your post it seems like you own a ss) and solder a pre out
    not being rude,frankly it can be done on tube amps but not on ss
    get a tube amp instead
    and for the speakers
    yes tell me about what kind of music do you play and whats your budgeT
    and there arent any Amp modders in bangalore

3. crusaderindia

crusaderindia New Member

hi

I mainly play blues and rock. Planning to buy a vox vt 20. But until then i thought i'll mod this.
    and by the way i thought this should be possible on ss too. Just wondering why this cant be done on SS?

4. flood

flood New Member

it is possible but a complete waste of time and money. and what do you hope to achieve by pushing a tiny 20W amp with that anyway?

also, you've failed to mention the most important thing: what amp do you have and what 15-20W amp do you want to buy?