Any expirience with the Boss Ds1?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Jan 8, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

Huh? Huh? Huh?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    So you are the same Greenday Girl!

DS-1, I have not played with, but heard it live. It sounds like 80s Marshall.
    But with lotsa buzz.

If you can get rid of that buzz, its an excellent pedal (plus cheap too).

Some people reduce buzz by cutting the tone (keeping it near 0), But then that takes away the bite from the tone.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

If you are looking for a good hot marshally pedal, I would suggest the MI Audio Crunch Box, look it up, hear the clips.I think it costs around $110

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I once wanted the DS-1 too but then bot the Digitech hot head instead.
    the hot has a winder range of controls and if u buy it frm bajaao.com u'll get it fr not more than 2500-3000 bks. The whole pedal is based on the DS-1. and the stack distortion suits me fine.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

the DS-1 is an awesome pedal.Ive used it only once and it was darn good!.......what sort of tone/gain u looking for?

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I've had the DS-1 and found it to be really good for certain purposes. If you want all the distortion from one pedal...then this is useless. If you wanna use it as a boost for your amp or another pedal then this will be awesome. If you use the DS-1 with some good cab simlator it sounds gorgeous...i actually liked the fuzzy sound it got cause you could get some really nice tommy Iommi and hendrix kinda sounds with it or if you turn the tone down and turn the dist up it sounds like van halen...but its better you use it as a boost rather than sole distortion.

7. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

+1

Its a good pedal to have nonetheless. Good value for money.

I've spent my early days with it.

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

The other way is good too. I use my TS7 to drive the DS1, and it sounds killer. With these two pedals and switching between the hot and clean mode of TS7, I can get almost all distortion tones.

9. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I know..i used to use that very pedal to boost my Bad Monkey (never thought i'd say that!!)

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Not a fan of DS1. It's unuseably fuzzy if you increase the tone knob beyond 10 o clock. No point in having a tone knob that's useless. As a boost, I'd still prefer a Tubescreamer. As a stand alone distortion there are tons better than that. I liked the Keeley Modded DS1 though.

11. yazi

yazi Banned

Ok settled on he Digitech Grunge pedal

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ooh cool...so what gear u got coming in the future? whats about that 2k$ fender?

13. yazi

yazi Banned

Laney sir, I need to wait till the end of this month for my first salary slip here. After that comes the Fender. This pedal is for my bro. I have an AMT California Sound pedal.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How is teh California pedal?

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

aaah ok.....good luck on fender....lucky ******* :)

16. yazi

yazi Banned

@ALPHA1: Its great.

@ Laney: heh heh

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Incredible lead tones....

U need to sit and tweak it to get good rythm tones.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I think my Metallizer can pwn most of the other AMT pedals.

It can get fat middy tone.
    It can get crunchy mid gain tone
    It can get hi-gain tone
    It can get ice-picky trebly tone
    It can get warm muddy tone
    It can get squeaky clean clear tone

19. yazi

yazi Banned

Don't know that but with my combo of California Sound + Tube Hall, buddy you ain't comin' close anytime soon.

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

@alpha - Metallizer is good for what it is, but it cant touch the British Sound.

Plus the Fatal tube is waaay more versatile.