Any Amit Dutta Students?????

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by rock_roll_satch, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat

Strat Floydian

bjr, thanks for his recent news.

2. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Nice info. Thanx

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@bjr

yea i heard about sumit ramachandran too. heard that he's a class apart.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

dude, try going to SomePlace Else on Wednesday at around 10 pm....HipPocket play there every week. The rest of the lineup is equally awesome. Nondon Bagchi on Drums, Jeffery (forgot the last name) on synth, Sumit from ParashPathar on bass and the other guitarist is also from parashpathar I think. They're probably one of the better cover bands around.

5. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Stags allowed or only couple? :think:

6. rock_roll_satch

rock_roll_satch New Member

No u can go there alone.

7. Strat

Strat Floydian

Yeah, I went to Someplace Else once to see Cassini's Division. Cool place for English rock lovers. People who regularly go there plz let me know if Insomnia is playing recently.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Insomnia usually does not play there. However, there is another band which plays there cometimes which includes some of it's members (Bodhi and some others)....I forgot the name...Crystal Grass or something.

@debankan: It's not a disco....it's a pub. So stags are allowed.

9. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

bjr and rock n roll satch..............plz come 2moro at city centre for igt meet........plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'd love to but I'm usually spending christmas with a bunch of kids in the mornings and with friends at night.

11. ahr

ahr New Member

who is Amit Dutta?never heard of him...

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Your loss.....it would be ironic if you are an LRB fan since he is supposedly Ayub Bachu's idol(from what I've heard....I have no real knowledge about bangla bands trivia)

And it's Amyt Dutta.

13. Strat

Strat Floydian

Too bad. I thought Bodhi left Insomnia and only Shubho is playing the guitars. I think I've heard of Crystal Grass... it has Tanya Sen on vocals right?

14. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

parikrama r show kolktata e kobe hobe jano???^^^^]

ar strqat da, tumi ki but it rained c teh bajachile sedin??? naki E-B-A-E??

15. Strat

Strat Floydian

Original gaan-ta kon scale-e jani na. Amar C major-e shubidha hoy (C-G-F-C and Bb-F-C). Gaan-tar amar kache kono recording nei. Shudhu oder live show-te shunechi ar TV-te besh koyekbar dekhechi.

16. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i've heard alot about Amit Dutta even in Delhi.
    Is he really that good??

17. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

he is more than THAT good. believe me.

18. Sayan

Sayan New Member

He is more than just awesome and I say that because I am his student. I learn on the wednesdays.

19. seven

seven New Member

Amitda...the God

"Who is Amit Dutta?"
    "...I think Tuki is a better guitarist than Amit Dutta..."

Hmmm...khoobi durbhagyojonok byapar-shyapar cholchhe...

Chhotto kotha-ye bolte gele...Amit Dutta is one of the best music teachers I've seen in my life and an awesome person too.

But if u exect to go to his classes in order to learn bare licks and stuffs like 'how to play fast' or 'wat r the chords for this song'...you'll be grossly dissappointed.

Amit-da's classes are meant thoroughly for the intermediate to advanced guitarist...I've seen mny ppl of the newbie batch goin out with an urge to bye diegene-s from the hospital right across the street after his classes...even for his advanced students, at times things go slisha too much and the same topics have to be repeated a number of days...
    But if u consider urself worthy enough 2 be jammin along with guys like Su(Cassin'is Division) or Bodhi(Insomnia)...jus go to Braganza and ask Tony fr his number...or send me an e-mail or somethin for further details.

And, I believe comparing Amit-da with Tuki is like comparin a Wine with Coke...AmitDa is out and out a thinkin guitarist who doesn't believe in settin the stage on fire with lightnin-fast licks and gimmicks...though he never really says that these things are not important...he caters to a more mature and musically-inquisitive group of listeners than Tuki does...though I do not really want to take away any credits from the latter for that...Vikramjit is a very good guitarist too...but I really don't know how good he is as a teacher...maybe somebody can throw some light on that...

20. Strat

Strat Floydian

Quite right... and I've seen him accompanying a number of internationally acclaimed blues/jazz guitarists or bassists in selected shows...

...though I personally don't like his Skinny Alley project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.