Any Amit Dutta Students?????

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by rock_roll_satch, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock_roll_satch

rock_roll_satch New Member

if anyone has the phone no. of Amit Dutta, plz send it to me by a private message. I want to learn from THIS LEGEND!!

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

contact bjr. pm him and he wil help you.

3. Strat

Strat Floydian

I went to his class for just one day. Yes, he IS a great guitarist and a great teacher, but my experience was not quite comfortable.

4. nyaka_chaitanya

nyaka_chaitanya ::::cErTiFiEd~~nYaKa::::

amit dutta ke he??? ami samir khasnobish and jimmi uncle ke chhara aar karuyke chini na:)
    amay bolbe amit dutta ke??? ;)

5. rock_roll_satch

Strat can u give me his no. plzzzzz
    And why was ur experience not good.

6. Strat

Strat Floydian

See, I don't know his number, sorry.

Actually he took his class in a big hall where a large number of students were doing all sorts of things. It is naturally not possible for him to maintain discipline like a school. Unless you're an advanced student yourself, you'll actually find trouble following him.

7. sayanakaharry

@nyaka

amyt dutta is arguably the best guitar teacher in kolkata, if not in india. :)

@rock_roll_satch

as i said buddy, there is an IGTian called bjr. track him and pm him. he will help u.

8. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

That's one of the reasons why amit dutta doesn't teach beginers.

9. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

Amyt Dutta is the best !

Amyt Dutta is ubdoubtedly the best guitarist in Calcutta...

But what Strat said is one reason why one of my friend left him after a few days...
    he said that the place was too crowded.

Amyt Dutta is a gem of a person as well, so if you can follow him in that crowd too....nothing like it..!!

Wishing you all the very best..!!

10. sayanakaharry

the best undoubtedly, but only as a teacher, not as a performer. in those aspects i think it will be more appropriate to call tuki-da the best.

11. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

I think that if you want to really LEARN the instrument then Amyt Dutta is the best, and if you want to know how to perform on the stage and compromise on your knowledge then Tuki is the best...now its your choice.

And just to let you know that all the top guitarists of calcutta like Deep of fossils, Chandra of fossils, Surojit of chandrabindoo, Arup of chandrabindoo and including Vikramjit (tuki) himself were the students of this living legend known as Amyt Dutta.

At the end of the day its your choice buddy..!!

Cheers :rock:

12. Strat

Strat Floydian

Um... not actually. I was quite an early beginner when I went there.

13. sayanakaharry

@probuddha

ya knew that of course. amyt dutta is definitely the best teacher around. no contest.

14. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Really?? :shock: But Lefty when he was a beginer contacted Amit Dutta and he said that he does not teach beginers! :think:

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^^han.........i was jus 1 day old den.....:p:

jai hok, da best teacher is not other dan u........and u........i think so. tobe join kora obossoi khub bhalo.

go to raynolds......and no. niye nao frm a guy called..............................umm................cant remmber......da name........ok just gfo to reynolds, ull get da no, and ill try to find da no, but not sure.......

16. Strat

Strat Floydian

Then maybe he did this very recently. The time I went to him was about two years back.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

https://www.rsjonline.com/music/musicLCdetail.asp?SNO=112&category=Individual

There you go.

@Strat: Things are a bit different now. He has long since moved from there to Hazra to near Paramount Nursing Home. I understand what you mean about it being difficult to follow in the earlier house because everyone was usually doing what they wanted to. He now teaches in a smaller place where people are a bit cramped but usually at full attention....also because a much younger crowd has come in.

These days he has stopped teaching absolute beginners because there just isn't enough place to accomodate many more students....and it gets difficult because the absolute n00bs require a lot more personal attention.

And about tuki, He didn't really "learn" from Amyt Dutta.....he came to him for a bit of technical help for awhile so he wasn't really a "student". And don't get me wrong, I love his style and way of playing but personally, I think Amyt Dutta is in a seperate class altogether. And he is definitely a born performer....we don't get to see a lot of his shows because they're usually in private clubs or outside Calcutta. It would be unfair for anyone to compare the two because they're not playing the same styles and they're not catering to the same crowd and they're musically distant from each other. Amyt Dutta isn't playing at the speeds he used to...he was telling us once that he was obsessed with playing Steve Vai's lick from crossroads: "Eugene's Trick Bag" and he used to be able to play it note to note at that exact same speed(PM me if you want the Vai lick) and he can't play it now because he doesn't care to practice something that requires so much more "physical" labour rather than a mental one.

Anyway, while you're checking out guitarists from Calcutta....be sure to check out Sumith Ramchandran also. That man is a phenomenon in himself.

woohoo, my first post in the bangla forum. I don't make it known but I scroll through the threads here sometimes and it's definitely a more interesting place than the CC lounge.

18. rock_roll_satch

AR u a student of Amyt Dutta??

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Yes. I haven't gone for a couple of months since I hadn't been practicing but I'll start from January again probably.

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

jene khusi holam.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.