an introduction to the guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by vix_avec_6strin, Nov 29, 2004.

1. vix_avec_6strin

vix_avec_6strin New Member

hi ppl
    i am doing my mba from symbiosis pune.i had a guitar from 2 years but i never played it but ever since coming here i have been tryin to play it. i can switch between the basic chords like C G A Am D F but the strumming is not there and it sounds very strange. the guitar is a very good companion when you know to play it. i dont know how to go about it. can you pls tell me how to make some sense of the tunes that i play. ;)

2. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

well the first thing to do is find a coach for urself...he may be a friend of urs or a guitar teacher who can guide u......now about strumming patterns ask some ont to teach u some basic beats like 4/4, 3/4 , 2/4 or if u want to do it yourself take a headphone listen to the music part in the song carefully and u'll get it yourself

3. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

lotsa articles on strumming on this site, just refer to those. as sumit has said, find yourself a teacher, may be i can send you addresses of a few music institutes in pune, i know it must be tough to take time off from your studies in an institute like symbi, but you can give it a try...

4. vix_avec_6strin

Thanks sumit, can you tell me more about the 4/4, 3/4 or 2/4 beats or the songs in which the beats are prominent.
    hey maverick thanx, i donot think that i will be able to take out time for the music insti's as symbi rules are quiet strict about leaving the campus so i have to be my own coach. is there something else that i can do. maybe listening to something. is there some place on the net where i can hear some strumming patterns.
    Basically while strumming what has to be kept in mind?

5. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

first of all,, is ur guitar tuned?

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

7. vix_avec_6strin

ya desipride143 my guitar is tuned. i got it tuned it from a music shop located in the pune city. i m tryin to teach myself some chords these days.