AMD took over ATi for a cool $5.4 Billion

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by cronix, Jul 25, 2006.

1. cronix

cronix New Member

In a shocking turn of events AMD took over ATi for a cool $5.4 Billion..... It also slashed its processor prices by 50% to maintain a market share.

Now the questions arises whether nvidia can maintain its independence?

By 2008 AMD plans to launch a processor with CPU-GPU core.....

2. cronix

cronix New Member

Does this point to the future????

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What is so shocking?
    Are you working for any of those two companies?

... and that now you are unsure of your future or something?

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

:cry2: :cry2:

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

well, i think its great news. i've always been a supporter of both AMD and Ati

6. cronix

cronix New Member

^^^me too.... i never said i was not happy. I was just shocked.

@alpha1 : yes this merger is eventually going to affect me and all the consumers

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

nah..it wont affect anybody ..it will affect all the intel users cuz ati wont be makin chipsets for intel processors ......
    on 2nd thought ....its actually a big blow for intel users..ati will completely stop supportin intel and all the optimizations made in the gfx drivers for intel processors will be removed to switch there attention to AMD optimizations and forcin people to buy an AMd procy and motherboard to enjoy those stellar visuals

by the looks of things..intel may take over nvidia too....but nothin is official....but gotta say ..this was long overdue..AMD must have bought ATI yrs ago to compete against intel when ATI released dere radeon 9700 card to try to beat intels huge dominance in the computer market..but then..better late than neva ..besides ..now amd is strong enough to buy over any company !

8. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Well AMD is Cooooooooooooooooooooool :p:
    thts why AMD processors needs Cold environment...
    in pakistan AMD is totally Waste oF Money ....
    If you are In Europe Then its Cool...you can buy 1....InshaAllah Am gonna buy 1 ;)....Right now i m using p4 Intel Pentium 3.0GHZ....

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Older AMD procs had the heat problem... but the ones like the athlon 64 were more efficient than equivalent intel procs and had less heat dissipation!!!