Alternative option for Avion AV3 + Roland Microcube ??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by harmonizer, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

At the very least it needs good cleans. I doubt a DS1 is gonna help with that.

Or do you never intend to play it clean at all... (an amp's cleans are THE most important aspect, everything can be made to sound decent distorted but it's very tough to get a great clean using pedals etc)

2. bcrich

bcrich New Member

I repeat!

Buy this..

Schecter omen 6 + Roland Cube 15/20

3. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

i will try to search this in my town :)

4. harmonizer

they said schecter omen 6 does not have tremolo lock......is it true??

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

It has a Tun-o-matic bridge, thru-body, in more simple words, a fixed bridge. So it doesn't have a tremolo system. Great tuning stability and sustain. Great for rock/metal. Consider it!

6. harmonizer

u mean tremolo bridges often go out of tune?? m sorry but i dont know this

7. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Not at all. Cheap tremolo systems always disturb the tuning stability. They are bother than they're worth! Cheap guitars like the Ibanez Gio series have extremely bad tremolo systems which hardly remain in tune. Made of crap soft metal, they won't hold tune as well as sustain. The best tremolo system is the Floyd rose tremolo bridge. The original Floyd rose, fr speedLoader, FR pro, schaller, ibanez edge etc. These are stable tremolo systems which remain in tune for quite longer durations or like the original FR which hardly goes out of tune. So it's better to buy a cheap fixed bridge than a cheap tremolo guitar.

A guitar w/ tremolo system under 30k is next to crap (except the Washburn n2). Above 30k, you'll get a good tremolo guitar.

8. wylder

wylder Member

Dude, I've played the Roland Cube 15. Its cleans aren't that great. The one I played had a 8'' speaker and didn't have enough bass response. I have also used a stranger 40/80 watt amp in our jam room when I couldn't bother lugging my amp around. It isn't all that bad. It has a 2 band eq and an inbuilt reverb (which is not the best around but quite useful).
    Adding a little delay to your clean sound can make it a whole lot fuller. A little reverb gives it some space. A bit of chorus makes it thicker and adds chime.

I was suggesting the above for a guy just getting started building his guitar rig. If you want good clean tones for recording, you can try out the Vox AC series or Fender Deluxe Reverb. By choosing the stranger over the Roland Cube you are not really losing out on tone and you get to save up money to build your dream rig bit by bit.

9. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Also, one can use the HBE Detox EQ which kinda cleans up the amp tone at higher volumes. Has anyone experienced it? The HBE detox EQ?

10. harmonizer

hey, what is the cost for a schecter omen 6 at ur place??......here *******s r saying 19.5k urghhh.....in bajaao it is 17k

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Tell the local shop guys about bajaao price ... They shud bargain... Use your bargaining skills man..

12. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Bargain it to atleast 17.5k. And please, try the guitar before buying. If you purchased but didn't like the tone then don't blame me that I suggested you a wrong guitar. Also, check for the Roland Cube 15x/20x that I recommended you in the above posts, if possible, try it with the Schecter. But whatever you do, TRY everything which looks good to you before buying. Don't ever compromise on your tone you're looking for. Just keep trying till you get it.

13. harmonizer

man actually they r providing a crappy guitar case made up of stone i think....and some other bla bla things with it.....they do it with every electric guitar......

i said i want only guitar with a simple case....then they said ok 500 will be reduced :mad:

iski maa ki

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

In that case you can order it from bajaao itself... i've heard that they set the guitar properly before dispatching and the shipping cost shud not be too much..

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Lolz, are you standing at the shop?

16. harmonizer

that time i was hehe :D