Alienation of North East part of India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rasika, May 8, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I could till last year, when I was working at Hindustan Petroleum.
    :(

Anyway let see:
    Assam crude goes only to IOL refinery at Digboi, Guwahati, Barauni and other refineries listed:
    so we have
    Digboi: 0.65 MMTPA
    Guwahati: 1.0 MMTPA
    Barauni: 6.0 MMTPA * 50% = 3.0 MMTPA
    Numaligarh = 3 MMTPA
    Bongaigon = 3.5 MMTPA

Total = 11.65 MMTPA.

In actual, refineries never operate on single crude. They work in mixes.
    + The mix keeps changing according to demands. Like some crude oils give better LPG.
    Some give better Bitumen/Asphalt (Tar coal for a layman)
    Some give better Gasoline
    Some give better Diesel
    etc

So our optimistic figure is actually higher than actual.

Not mush info will be available on public doamin about this, however this may be a good reference:
    https://www.iocl.com/business_refineries.aspx
    https://www.indiainfoline.com/refi/map1.html
    https://dieoff.org/page231.pdf

Roughly, Assam provides 30%
    Bombay High 40%
    Gujarat 5-10%
    Ravva - Rest

MMTPA = millions of metric tonnes per annum

Assam crude is an intermediate sulfur crude. That means it still requires treatment for prudcing Euro Spec gasoline diesel etc.
    No one would be willing to buy it at high price.

+ It is teh refining and marketing companies that are hit by low crude prices (In India), not teh oil producing.
    The marketing companies have to buy crude at higher prices (which fluctutates with the price of inetrnation benchmark crudes like Brent, Dubai, Arab, Texas etc)
    And then they have to sell at prices dictated by whims of Govt.

So teh thing about Assam being deprived off its oil wealth is more or less bullshit.

death_metal_fan likes this.
  2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

^^ still 30% is a large enough contribution .. and in any case its just not right to forget the north-eastern parts ..

wont say abt assam .. but other places like nagaland , mizoram are really out of public conscious ..

@merqury dude no offense, but i think u really need to return to india ..

3. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

*the missionaries build schools , get good teachers to provide education, civic amenities ... govt has actually been busy planning and allocating funds to provide the same.
    ...wud'nt it be better if missionaries rule our country :) ?
    mizoram is the second most literate state in india.

4. rasika

rasika New Member

i agree v like westernisation. v like thier lifestyle , music, food ...almost everythin; but i dont think v'll give out our culture , our language & history 4 that..
    i agree kerala & mizoram who r most affected by conversion are at 1st & 2nd most literate states , but u know wat they learn??? in languages only english, in history .. all western affairs in religion only christ.. & mainly they r da people behind tellin mizos that u r not part of india..
    do v again want these people to steal our freedom???

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Please back your accustaions with some real facts before nodding your heads to whatever VHP and Bajrang Dal hoodlums dole out.

Culture = way of life in present tense. Not past tense.

What used to happen in India in 1885 or 1920, is hardly our culture today.
    If you accuse the new-age ppl of spoiling the "culture", I'll call you a twerp and accuse you of spoiling the real human culture (= being hunter-gatherers and farmers basically).

6. rasika

rasika New Member

by culture i meant our traditions, our festivals & our language our history... oh there r so many aspects...
    v like celebratin christmas & thanksgivin but not as much as diwali , holi etc.
    v r happy being indians& livin our CULTURE!!! y wud v like all india taken over by missionaries..
    & did u get my point now???

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

What the hell you talking about girl? I love christmas and thanksgiving just as much as diwali and holi. In fact holi seems pretty pathetic and pointless to me. Running around each other throwing toxic colors in each other's eyes isnt my favorite exercise. Culture, as alpha so intelligently pointed out, is defined by the present not the past. If you're ever worn jeans or a t-shirt in your life you have no right to be sitting and making the statements that you are making. And missionaries, this is a democracy we live and we have right to freedom of religion. Now it's upto the people to decide whether they want to convert or not, who are you to have a say in that?

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I am happy being an Indian, but not happy following your tradition - which you wrongly call culture.

I like to change things to what I like.

You oppose me.
    You try to instill your sense of "correct" culture and tradition into me.

Who is a twerp now?

BTW I noticed you simply parried away from my accusations.
    LOL. Quite anticipated.

PS: Dist: good to see you back Colonel.

9. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

well...i like celebratin christmas and thanksgivin coz i get gifts...diwali not so much coz it pollutes the city

10. rasika

rasika New Member

ok all i can say is NORMAL people dont react like this to holi.. besides i m not sayin christian religion is bad but i know makin someone christian wen they dont want to or not providin basic needs like education & health needs unless u become christian is surely wrong & and against "right to freedom of religion"
    first find wats actually happenin & then argue..

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Which brings back to what I said:

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

can u give a reference to prove what u just said.

13. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey, besides, ifff the missionaries are really implementing that technique,
    Rasika, why dont you come up with a counter/retaliating techniques that will eat into their market share?

Why do you wanna ban them?

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

16. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

they already do.

https://www.india-forum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=856

and

https://www.india-forum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1193

btw, when exactly did bombay high start producing oil??

17. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I think the govt need to take a lot more intrest in these states just like it did with the case of punjab

I think its commendable that the Sikh terrorist movement was controlled
    I think most Sikhs feel part i india now
    These places could be major tourist spots

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

My Northeast India Mission of 2003-4 - by Stephen Knapp

https://www.stephen-knapp.com/my_northeast_india_mission.htm

You have to understand that the Christian missionaries and militants have been working for years to bring most of the states of the northeast to secede from India to become a separate Christian country, even if it means by force and brutality. For example, few people seem to be aware that in the small state of Tripura alone, over 10,000 people have been killed in the past 20 years by Christian militants through what you could call ethnic cleansing. The killing is done to instill fear in those who are not Christian, or who do not want to separate from India. And these militants are often supported by the Christian groups who provide money and reasoning for what they do. But we in the VFA are not anti- Christian, yet this sort of Christian indoctrination is the single biggest factor for losing the basic traditions of the people in the northeast region.

I wonder why this and Kashmir are hardly ever mentioned in the Western press. The Gujarat riots were eagerly covered by the BBC.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend