After ALL I Need Help

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Pravas, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Pravas

Pravas New Member

Hi guys, i have gone through the beginner's section of buying a first Guitar but couldn't land up in better conclusion.

I have played Acoustic guitar for 5 months and i am now out of my place.

SO currently i am staying in Hostel and i don't want to buy acoustic guitar because i cant play it hard(I Hope you all get me:) ).

Now my problem is i never played an electric guitar and i don't know about which is going to suit which style. I know about the parts of the guitar, and also about the Amplifier , but dunno about the tune changer (What is it called i don't know?)

So please provide me necessary information about the same. And yeah i want to play hard rock and heavy metal afterwards........so please select me a future proof guitar. And yeah initially my budget is 10k to 15k... So please please do suggest me a good guitar. And yeah i am in HYDERABAD..if any one knows from where will i get it, please do inform me.

Thanks ALL

2. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

For electric, I would recommend a Fender Stratocaster. You should still consider getting an acoustic as I've found it's helped to solidify what I know. You can make mistakes on the electric guitar and get away with it, but not so much on an acoustic guitar.

3. Pravas

Pravas New Member

Hey thanks for the reply but, i don't know about the other accessories(You know Amplifier, etc) Will i get with those the guitar . And yeah what's the Price and model no.

4. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

Here's what I purchased for my electric gear:

1. FenderĀ® Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar Chrome Red Maple Fretboard (21 frets) ($375 USD)

2. Amp: Vox DA5 ($110 USD)

3. Guitar Cable ($20 USD)

I am extremely satisified with all three items that I purchased.

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Better go to a guitar shop....Pick up the guitar and start playing on it(Even if u r completely new to Electric)........IF u dont know any songs then play scales... BUt play some thing on it to feel it..........Check all the Brands over there in the shop.......Come Home do ur homework...Then go to some other shop...and play again and check out the Guitars...Repeat the cycle till u really understand what u want in a Guitar......

BY the way try out with Fenders , Yamaha, Ibanez Guitars.........
    Thats the way u willl actually get practical knowledge that u need...

6. Pravas

Pravas New Member

^^^^Hi buddy thanks for the reply , actually i was thinking the same. But I have a budget of 25K. Will you please recommend me some good models to play like Linkin Park, Papa ROach.....yo know i mean a bit of Rock and Heavy metal too. I want to get a complete equipment within this price range

Like the cables, electronic tuner..etc

I dont want a beginers guitar, if yo think that this price range is not sufficient enough then please do tell me directly. I am eagerly waiting for your reply . TIll then Bye and Take Care.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

BUDGET OF 15K?

Kids these days have all the moolah!

You are a beginer, and can't decide for yourself which guitar you want, and what shall be the deciding criteria, YET, you dont want a beginner guitar.
    :-/

I'll say this: Take a Squier (guitar) for ~10K, and Marshall or Laney (amplifier) for ~6K.
    You will require quite a lot of comeptency to outlive this gear, which will come from practice (atleast 2 years or so)

8. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Fender Squiers are worth buying.......they are much more than a beginners Guitar.......................Roland Microcube is a very good Amplifier for around 5.5K......

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_