About the out put jack;recording

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by wisevijay, Apr 4, 2004.

1. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

I have an acoustic guitar F-cut(F shaped hole) and when i bought it didnt have an output jack.And now the music shop man says that we cant attach an output jack to it.any other method to record..:eek: :eek:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Dont get it done. It might damage Wood. One little mistake from him your guitar gets spoilt. Go for external pickup. They cost about 150 - 600 Range. Also you can record using mic. With is the best acoustic option. Whtever happens , punching a hole in the wood is a risk.

I'll explain. The structure of wood, or i use the term Grain Structure is not known to us. So when you disturb the structure, it may harm the nearby grains. Which may crack due to the tension at which they are joint.

3. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

But where to place the mic:think:

4. jayanth

Place the mic near the f-hole . Its better you get an external pickup. I'll upload a picture of my acoustic tomorrow. YOu have a look and then decide.

5. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

OK thanx man:)

6. jayanth

You're Welcome man. Glad to help. I'm here to help. :beer:

7. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey man watin 4 ur guitar photo.still :think: where to place the mic and where to have the external pick ups:shock: :think:

8. jayanth

I have given the photo for scanning . I'll put it up tonight.

9. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

10. jayanth

it says too big to upload. Wait till i find an alternative.

11. jayanth

Here you go..

Attached Files:

• acou.jpg
      acou.jpg
      File size:
      180.7 KB
      Views:
  12. jayanth

Guys please forgive the mess. Thats my room Dump in the background. Coming to the point. See those black things they are the external pickups i was talking about. The top one acts like a bridge pickup and the bottom one acts like the neck pickup. I messed it thats why..

So when i want to play lead i switch on the bridge. Rhythem = Both pickups on and when playing riffs the neck pickup.

Also the switching circuit is hidden inside(Bad Terminology) i take them out when i play. Those two wires are connected to one wire which controls the pickups and then goes to the amp.

13. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

understood where to put the pick ups but from where did u take out.Too many questions,sorry but better to ask than to sit confused!!!
    i ve got the same bookshelf as u ve got in the background man,and nothin about the mess my brothers room is in a greater mess!!!!:)

heres a photo of Slash i m attachin as u have his shirt,here he is without a shirt.............maybe u have got his shirt;-)

any way thank u verrrrrrrry much 4 ur help:beer: :beer:

Attached Files:

14. jayanth

Yhea i know .. I still didnt know how i flicked it. he he..

COming Back To Life........

YOu see that hidden Circuit part. The single wire comes out from there. The switch lok themselves there.. I removed the scratch guard of the guitar actually..

15. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

cant i get it done without removin the scratch guard??:think:

16. jayanth

Of course you can. I removed it because Once in my college Day. I was playing and the plectrum kept hitting the scratch guard and kept falling. So i removed it. No other reasons.

17. alli

alli The Best Ever

is tht really slash's short ??? ur kidding !

if ur NOT kidding .... and ur NOT lying :)think: )... i have nothing more to say.

no comments.

18. jayanth

Its similar Duh...

19. alli

alli The Best Ever

hehe... dont blame me ..u have the pick... wat do i know ...

neways...

i wuld've travelled all the way to b'lore..killed ya..and stolen the shirt had it been original....
    :)

20. jayanth

Its the same company. Its the same Checks. Same size.. he he..