a suggestion ..

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by apurbajd, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

da forums looking afresh now ....... thnx to the cleanup drive ...............

well! how about making it compulsory for each thread to be approved by a moderator b4 it actually gets posted? Many other forums uses this approach and I guess dis is a better way to keep potential spam/irrelevant threads out.......

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

That's actually a very nice suggestion. We do this with the Guitar Tutorial and Tips forum. But you know, in such a big website, with such a number of forums moderating every single thread made will be a bit tedious. Closing unwanted ones is much easier :beer: Thanks for your suggestion anyways. :grin:

3. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I think thats stupid. Its good for say maybe the Tab and tutorial section, other than that you'll probably never see a new thread not that there are too many right now.

Whats with the cleanup? Cleaning up everything that is remotely discussable?

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

The way it is now is much good. I don't want it to be approval based. Like that our replies will get posted much later than our actual time of posting.

nIK!:eek::

5. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

well, there are some really good threads that get destroyed by spamming...so can't you just take off that particular posts rather than closing the whole thread..:think:
    and why do u keep some of the closed threads...i really don't care to look into if it is closed such as the "congo I have posted(no of posts) here"..... Why don't you just delete such threads from the forums as well?:beer:

6. subho

subho New Member

who is going to approve? the moderators???? silly thing....

7. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

I do agree. Nice suggestion.

Should go to the Forum leaders (if they agree) and in case of complex decisions this should be escalated to moderators and if mod's have questions then the highest tier to be admin.

:beer:
    sachoo

8. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Right, this do make sense.

but again ppl are gng to shout for their post being deleted. shud hv some rules n regulations (if not) or to create the system (site) to be too smart (A.I) to ignore the spam (irrelevant) mails ;) .

:beer:
    sachoo

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Ridiculous. Do you know how many threads are created everyday?

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Oh! Man! Den Mods Will Be Mads Soon!!!!!!
    :RollLol:

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Thank you for your wonderful suggestions, everything will be looked into. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.