A sensitive Topic

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by cronix, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cronix

cronix New Member

Hey guys.... I just watched the movie Brokeback Mountain....

A question just popped into my mind... Should Gay or Lesbian marriages be allowed in india.... Dont get me wrong, I am not gay but isnt the issue too elaborated in india.... It is legal in all the countries like US and UK and people are fine with it. They accept them in the society and allow them to lead a normal life unlike in India which finally results in cheating in marriages and external affairs. Dont they have a right to satisfy themselves the way they like and lead a normal life... Think about it.... Do u think India should accept these people and allow gay marriages?

2. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^woah first of all, cronix..people here in the US and Canada are not happy with it. There is a minority that is willingly accepting of the fact, but its not as rosy as one would think.

Personally, i think just like people have the right to do every gdamn thing that pleases them. Commit suicide*reference to another thread*; perform cosmetic surgery..hell lets go one step further--perform ***-changing surgeries..then whats wrong with marrying within the same ***.

Sure its damn weird..but again the same question arises.."who the hell are you to say what the others can and can not do" ..and baby you cant argue with that ;)

its going to be really hard, maybe even challenging for india to accept such a drastic move, but its coming..and its only fair.

NOTE: IM STRAIGHT :dance:

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The interest will rise here when people speak against the motion.

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^Well you can always argue and go back into time when the roles of a male and female were etched into stone. Men were the stronger ***, the breadwinner..the women on the other hand were the childbearers, the housekeepers, the (relatively) weaker ***.

All societies once condemned, never even considered that there would come a time when a man would marry a man. It wasnt right. It was against the rules. Then why should any of that change now? The only reason that some states in the US and some places in canada (im not even sure about canada) have agreed to same-*** marriages is because of the gliche they have in the bill of rights...there are so many homo***uals, (including members in the govt) you cant say no to all of them..and they (the us) sure as hell needs their support and tax money.
    America has no cultural background..they have a melting pot of ideas and traditions that have been borrowed from other nationals.

But considering the east, where in some places its against social regs. to even consider marrying into a different caste and or religion; when so many things are based on the society and what society thinks is right, then what right does "same *** marriage" to be excluded.

The "law of nature" condemns homo***uality. There is no exclusion..and they sure as hell arent going to be treated special..live like the rest of us..get tied down with the opposite ***-whether you like it or not!! :)

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

As per the Indian Penal Cone section 377
    Homo***uality is illegal
    Punishable upto 4 years(not sure about that)

I saw this piece about some Luknow SI who would go to gay dating site and entrap gay people

Accepting gay marriages are a long way off in India

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.