A Query Regarding Replacement Of Strings

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Chirag, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Hello guys ,
    I have a Hovner which i bought for rs.2350 . i bought it as it sounded better than hobner 265 . a set of strings costs rs.65 . if i buy costliers strings for rs. 250 -300 , will it significantly improve the sound quality , tone of my guitar ?

2. dhim

dhim New Member

Yes it will

Regards,
    DHiM

3. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

If u r not satisfied with the sound quality..
    go and change the strings..(only if u r sure that the sound quality is poor because of the strings only)...

4. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

the rs 65 strings are not even worth 65... never use them unless u have no other choice... rockstar strings are good n not very expensive... arnd 200... ernie ball are superb but price is around 450

5. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Thanks a lot everbody .

the guitar sounds good , but still i want to improve the sound quality . first i will practice on these strings for 3 months ,after that i'll change the strings.

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

hey, how r dean markley?
    i went to furtados yesterday n they dun have ernie ball or Daddario or even gibson for electric...only dean markley... do u guys know ne place in mumbai were i can get ne of these?

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

usually the people at music stores will tell you which strings are good for the type of music you play... furtados ppl are usually helpful and not just aiming for daylight robbery like the bhatia musicals in new delhi... if they suggested dean markley, it shouldn't be very bad... i have never tried it before.

8. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

If you get Fret Blasters, then 6 string buy them and get a set for me too. I will pay you.. I just love Fret Blasters.. If you get them its not a bad option..

9. 6String_assasin

well the furtado guys didn't 'suggest' me those, but they only had dean markly...
    @jay..will get 'em for you wen i come to bangalore...only give a confirmatory msg. again.

10. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

In my opinion Ernie Ball strings have worked the best for me electric or Acoustic. I all sold 200 sets I had but will be getting a consignment by December.
    Keep in touch and spread the news.

11. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

How much do you normally pay for strings , electric and acoustic. what guage and what make?

12. jayanth

Just tell me the Deam markley price .. then you can get them.. Ok..

13. 6String_assasin

@jay....ok i called up at furtados again, they have d'addarios n ernie ball now, also dean markley, all for 296 bucks...gauges - 0.8, 0.9, 0.10
    so tell me quick, i may b leaving soon....by the way u may get these easily in bangalore, but if they r a li'l cheaper, tell me....

@pro_guitar....that'd b gud for me as i live in indore where ol this stuff's not available..
    by the way i don't have much experience with strings...i've been using the same set of strings for a year...those gibson ultra light...n my acoustic guitar doesn't deserve much of those bit expensive strings as it hardly let 'em live for a week even (average 4 days)

14. jayanth

Not cheaper.. One set of Deam Markley for me.. any gauage starting with 0.8..

15. 6String_assasin

i guess its dea'N' markley? i suppose u spelled it wrong twice, or prolly its me who read it wrong on the store? neway i'll do that. u mean u want ultra light...ok...i'll bring it along wen i come there, i hope shortly...i'm sick of waiting for the councelling dates...

16. jayanth

YOu can come here. i will find you cool accomodation.. It is DEAN MARKLEY. I spelled worng..

17. 6String_assasin

u spelled worng wrong too.....hehe

18. jayanth

oh Sorry..