a perfect software engineer

Discussion in 'Funny Emails, Jokes, SMS's, Videos' started by nandy0894, Feb 25, 2012.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

when did I say I was being too nice? I did think you brought that up rather randomly and maybe just wanted to talk about it...?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

And now that I think you're not going to respond to how reading a post is apparently quite the task, I'm moving on to the second point....if you really think someone like me being nice/not nice to someone will make them stay/go away, I think you're overestimating my (and probably your) abilities.

Guys in the chit-chat lounge come and go because of the girls. If there are no girls, other factors might come into play. If the girls stay, the guys will stay too.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Sorry mate got busy with work in office... My bad and you're right... You're the Senior Company leader afterall.. you ought to be right.. :p

anyways... how was Amsterdam? I so wanna drink Absinthe again... :(

4. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

yeah i'm sure that will come in handy in surviving against the violinists of india :grin: :grin:

5. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

*f a i n t s .........*

6. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

ooooooooooooooooooooo .... h e l l l o o oo .. !!

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

What's making you so hyper?

8. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

don't ............!!

9. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

ooopss...sorry..misunderstandings..! :|
    curse my mind! ...works tooo much sometimes..!

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It was an odd trip to start with because it was 5 Indians and a Pole (?) and since the Polish girl was my friend, I had to keep reminding the others to talk in English all the time (to their credit, they did). I had a great time on the trip. We walked around a lot...even though the city is pretty small, we were tired at the end of it because we hadn't taken a bus pass or anything.

We took a canal tour and it turned out to be a waste of money...it's probably a nice thing to do if you go with a girlfriend or maybe when the weather is choppy and the boat rolls to add to the excitement. Hearing about the history was nice but I didn't want to listen to how I was looking at the mayor's residence in 4 languages. Nothing wrong with the tour itself....just the wrong people to go with.

Our first visit to a coffee shop was really amusing....none of us are smokers/users so nobody knew what to order. I was apparently the pro because I was the only one who'd even smoked before! The guy behind the counter was nice and helped us out and gave us a pre-rolled hash joint. We went and sat at a table with a woman wearing John Lennon type sunglasses with a peace sign on each glass who also lent us a lighter. I think she was my favourite person from the whole trip....for some reason, she kept telling me specifically how lucky I was to have these people as my friends and told us stories about the things she sees as she sits there (almost) every weekend. One of the girls couldn't stand to smoke...I told her that she could maybe try a space cake (that's really what they called them) so she went up to the guy behind the counter and asked him "What'll happen if I eat that" while pointing to the cake and the guy replied with a very straight face and said "You'll meet God". I think most of us were too freaked out to get high in that place....except the girl who ate the cake suddenly called the other Indian girl a ***** (they are usually good friends). I did get a little buzzed but I have no idea if it was the tobacco or the hash. We moved on and alternated between eating, drinking and smoking through the afternoon and evening...it was a good time in general. I think everyone was high at some point or the other and just couldn't tell....for example, the Polish girl refused to believe she was until we asked her to try and stop laughing and she couldn't. I knew I was because I spoke to a lot of strangers which I wouldn't usually do....this bunch of guys at some point told me that Arsenal had beaten Tottenham 5-2 and I didn't believe them and said I'd wait for the headlines tomorrow. We were close to the red light area in general so display windows kept popping up and nothing ever prepared me for them....I was still shocked/surprised/afraid everytime I walked past one and I avoided meeting the eyes of any of the girls sitting there. I had seen something similar in Hamburg so I wasn't as taken aback by it as some of the others with me. I don't remember a lot of the night except that we went to an ice bar which also had a 3D movie showing. Also, I had really vivid dreams at night in one of which I shot the Polish girl in the head while playing paintball except that I happened to have a real gun.

The next morning, we went to the Van Gogh exhibit...I was a little disappointed because I had no idea that Starry Night was in New York but I really liked the exhibition overall. It had a factual description of his life and they didn't go into undocumented stories (which are cool but not always reliable)....I was very taken by the fact that he shares my birthday and at 26, he found himself unemployed and decided to become an artist (with no real formal training except for his having worked at an art gallery). Also, they had a section on artists that he was inspired by and another on artists he inspired and that was nice. Also, they had this touch screen x ray machine with which you could see how they discover paintings done over other paintings which apparently was common because art supplies were so expensive. There wasn't much about his death except that he shot himself...someone else told me that there was a theory that one of his drinking buddies shot him. In the paintings, I really liked the small line style (there was a term for it that I forgot) that he used for his self-potrait and some other paintings. Also, there were 3 self potraits and in one of them, you could just look into his eyes and think that he was going to kill himself (at least in retrospect).

What I missed was the Anne Frank house but I know I'll go back at some point so I'm not too fussed. At the hostel I was staying, they have an offer that you can stay there for upto 28 days without paying for lodging or meals or laundry if you work there 4 hours everyday. I am really really thinking of doing this once my internship ends in March. Once I start working, I won't be able to and I think I'm about to stop having free time for the next few years.

What I loved about Amsterdam were the people on the streets and the people who were working at the coffee shops and restaurants...sure they were all tourists but they seemed pretty happy to be there and the atmosphere was very relaxed in general. The city was expensive but the little things (like wi-fi) were free. I'd like to stay for a week or two and dig a little deeper into it. Also, everyone spoke English which made it easier than being in Germany.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

12. Morbid_Angel

stoned bjr ftw :grin:

and i did the exact same thing with the canal tour too, waste of time! but i did make it up by singing classic rock songs on the streets with a guy with a guitar in his hand. awesome people, expensive (which one did you try btw?!) weed, pretty girls ..it's pretty much got it all

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@bjr: Cool man... I am so jealous of you, i dunno when i get to be there...

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha well, I wasn't stoned really...just in a happy place. I'm not sure what you mean by which one...I tried hash and then different strains of weed (whose names I can't remember....one of them was amnesia I think?). The pretty girls you tend to get over eventually after living here for a while (not get over but you sorta take them for granted)...and it wasn't just the weed that was expensive. I'd had a budget of 100 euros to spend and I must've spent 150 or so.

Why don't you if you want to?

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

No money :(

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, if it helps I can offer you a free place to stay if I'm here whenever you make your plans to come....it'll still be expensive but a little less!

17. Morbid_Angel

that's pretty awesome! i miight go this august, any chance of you being there? :grin:

18. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Thanks man but i don't see it happening anytime soon..

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I m jealous of you too..

20. Morbid_Angel

haha actually this will be my second time :$ no worries bro we got lots of years of life left in us ! just visit there once before you turn 35 :p: